Vision vs. Diamond Princess to Mexico

I'm thinking of changing my spring break cruise in 2007 from the Diamond Princess to Vision of the Seas. The itineraries are equivalent, but the Vision is more reasonable. Can anyone let me know what the Vision is like?

I am also on the Vision of the Seas. Which week are you looking at? We are on during the 1st week of April. From what I have read on reviews, the Vision of the Seas sounds like a great ship. The cruise critic rating for the Vision of the Seas and the Diamond Princess are the same, so to me that is saying something!:)

Also, the price for some very nice suites were available on this ship. We were fortunate enough to get a Grand Suite in the perfect location. Now, there is only one Grand Suite left, but it is right at the opening to the stairs and elevator lobby.

I think either way you will have a good time. I too am interested on hearing some feedback from other members on this topic!

We've done both the Vision and the Sapphire (identical sister to Diamond). We preferred the Sapphire - the passenger flow seemed better, plus there were more amenities to choose from (we sail both RCCL and Princess and love them both).

Either way, you'll have a good time.

We are also looking at the first week of April. Currently we are booked on the Diamond in a class BB balcony. The Diamond is a great ship, but I like the program on RCI better. So we may be switching.

Been on both. I prefer the Vision. It is much easier getting around. The Diamond/Sapphire are beautiful ships, but I thought the Vision was gorgeous!

Food was simililar on both, but Princess wins hands down on the pizza. The service was much better on the Vision. Especially the room service. The crew was always smiling. They were a little more stern on Princess.

You can't go wrong on either one, but if you can save $$$$ on the Vision, I'd say go for it.

Happy Cruising,

Jill

I've been on both of them, and I think that I'd go with Vision (especially at a lower price), although you can't go wrong with either ship. I think Jill nailed it with her comment about the service - Vision's crew actually seem to enjoy themselves - maybe they take acting lessons on turnaround day, but I just felt a warmth from them that I didn't feel on Diamond.

Diamond is newer and glitzier; Vision is a little worn around the edges. Even after her drydock there were some chairs that needed mending, and a few bruises & bumps that needed patching up. But the service more than makes up for the cosmetic issues.

Ask this question on the Princess boards and chances are, that the Diamond Princess will come out ahead.:D We have sailed on Sapphire Princess and on several Vision class ships, though not the Vision itself. Personally, as much as I enjoyed the newness and some of the features available on Sapphire Princess, some of its traffic patterns made getting from point A to point B a bit difficult. The outside room with a balcony on SP was smaller than an outside room with balcony on Vision class ships. Food in the main dining room was more to my taste on Sapphire Princess, but the Horizon Court did not, IMHO, match up to the Windjammer in food quality, selection, or in design. Pizza was much better on Princess. If price is a factor and the itineraries are similar, I might be tempted to go with whichever ship was cheaper, but if all things were equal, I, as a Diamond Plus member, would probably go for the Vision. Whichever you choose you should have a great time. The overall experience on both lines is far more similar than different, despite what some fans of either lines might claim.:)

Ask this question on the Princess boards and chances are, that the Diamond Princess will come out ahead.:D

Thank you all for your comments. I purposely didn't post this question on the Princess board because I wanted to learn more about the Vision. I've been on the Diamond, and know its benefits and limits.

critterchick: It looks like you're on the Monarch the trip before ours--have a great time :)

Have been on Vision 3times Going to Alaska on ship in August and have booked Mexican Riveria for March.We should be experts as we also book same cabin and love the ship and crew.Can Answer most questions.

I would go with the Diamond. Although I am a RCI fan, I also like the newness of the Princess ship and it is larger, and a BEAUTIFUL ship. Vision is smaller and older and the rooms are much smaller. Go with Diamond.

I have been on RCCL 10 times and Princess 3. I have sailed both ships. No question Diamond. It's a better ship. The pools are better and they have this one lounge with 50 plasmas. Also, the club is very nice. Rooms are larger! I find the age is younger on RCCL then Princess. RCCL is more fun overall. The ships however do not compare.

DH and I have done both the Vision and the Diamond to Mexico. We would vote fpr the Vision even tho it is an older ship. The Diamond does not have a big enough dining room so many people end up with 'freestyle' dining. We like meeting different people at dinner. Also the Vision staff was the absolute best. We went when Capt George was on board. He even turned the ship around at lunch when a group of whales was spotted.

Whatever you do you will have a good time. We had an obstructed view room on the Diamond. It was very small. We had to keep moving the chair to get around the bed.

Archived