After 7/11 Crown Princess List CC members join

Sandytoes

No they would not. People are much more likely to post when they have something to complain about. If you ever worked as a Customer Services representative, you know that people call or write when they have something to complain about, and not when they are happy customers. Sad but true.

We have seen a tremendous amout of negativety on the Celebrity board recently, all related to either POD problems with Celebrity's M-class vessels or to the NORO virus. Almost every such topic is started by somebody who is posting for the very first time...

Just by looking at the titles of the various topics on the Celebrity board, you would start to think that Celebrity must be a horrible cruise line. Yet when a member posted a poll, asking people to rate their Celebrity cruise, 76% picked 'the best ever'. Only 6% responded negatively. That strongly contradicts the titles of the various topics... :o

You all make it sound like CC is a private website that only "exclusive" individuals can be a part of. I was on the Crown during the 7/11 sailing, and I have been checking out CC for awhile now. After the "tilt", I felt compelled to share my story with my fellow cruisers. We experienced something terrifying and also wanted to discuss with other Crown passengers what we experienced. Is this a bad thing? I feel that discussing it on a website not affiliated with Princess is completely appropriate.

You just typed paragraphs about people complaining, when you did nothing but complain throughout your whole post.

Thanks! And I should have added to my post there are always exceptions to every rule. Thank God for complaining people. If everyone posted every cruise is absolutely fabulous, I would have wound up sailing on lines I wish I hadn't!

I just can't help but wonder how someone can surf for 4 years without ever once sharing his/her cruise experiences. ???

Where did you get 4 years from? Just curious....

I read cruise critic years ago. Stopped reading.....might have had AOL problems or something. Can't remember. But then I forgot the board even existed. I think I googled something about Crown when I returned from the 7/11 voyage and must have rediscovered it that way. I have been reading and reading and reading. This is my first post to the Princess board since rejoining.

We faired well on the voyage. We had been asleep in our cabin during the incident and didn't get tossed around too badly. Stayed in the cabin til well after a lot of the chaos was over. I began to hear about stuff while on board, but truly didn't have an appreciation for what some people went through until reading this board. I feel even more lucky now than I did right after it happened.

I have followed some of the links about other articles, video, illustrations. It has helped me understand just what happened and also what others experienced.

I'm glad I've rediscovered the board. Had fun poking around on the "whatever happened to" board and some of the other boards. Will definitely be doing lots more reading, learning and investigating before our next cruise.

This 7/11 cruise on the Crown was our first Princess experience. We LOVED it! Will definitely sail Princess again.......and will not hesitate to go back on the Crown if it's going where we want to go!

Thanks to all who have shared their experiences and feelings.

Hey Nancy-

We ended up flying instead of driving (which we had planned to do). We found out that flights back to NY weren't that bad after all. And, since first class was all that was available, it's not my fault, right? There were plenty of other cruisers on the plane with us, some even in first class with us.

Free rum & Coke! Need I say more??:D

As someone (Carol? You?) reported, security was horrid. They made me cry too, and cursed at my husband for saying something! (You can bet we said something to the TSA boss!)

After picking up the car in NY, we traveled for a couple of days around the northeast - saw Vermont Teddy Bear, Ben & Jerry's, some scenary, the cars in the Race to the Clouds/Mt. Washington(?), the Erie Canal, and Niagra Falls (went down in the Cave of the Winds to the bottom of the waterfall - hey at least that time I was standing still and upright with water pouring over me! -unlike the tilt/being in the pool!)

The tilting feeling didn't pass for a week, and I swear I almost had a panic attack yesterday, but I think I'm okay. Are you sleeping well yet??

love & hugs to you (& Carol):)

Hi, Cathy! So you did all of that AFTER our end-of-cruise drama???? WOW! I admire you, particularly for the Niagara Falls stunt! And then you drove all the way back to Michigan? Amazing.

It was great meeting you and Gary, and I'm glad that you see this all as a grand beginning to a lifetime of cruises! ;)

Carol

Cathy,

I am so glad you got to Ben and Jerry's. You said you wanted to do that on the excursion!

You're home now, with quite a tale to tell. I've always wanted to sail Alaska. We're waiting till the kids are older.

Orlando security is the worst. They treat you like garbage. I am so sorry you and Carol had to endure that.

As someone who was on the Crown Princess 7/11 sailing and someone who has only signed up to CC afterwards. I admit that the list had put some weight on decided to join or not but I have been reading CC for tips cruising for awhile and was fully expecting to join and just happens that after sailing on the Crown Princess I joined earlier than I might have so I can read other experiences onboard and share my story with them.

CroozinFamily - Welcome back....and now that you're here you'll realize that this is the best cruise forum on the web....

We faired well on the voyage. We had been asleep in our cabin during the incident and didn't get tossed around too badly.

Glad to hear that....and that it didn't spoil your cruise.....

Thanks for sharing your experiences and feelings.

Archived