Log Your Exercise Progress Here

RB Bonzo

Well, I got the morning off from skating whether I wanted to or not! I seriously considered just canceling my skating this morning because I'm so sore from the running. But I didn't want to feel guilty or wimpy, so I dragged myself out of bed a 4:55 am to go skate!

When I got there, there was a sign saying that the zamboni was broken so the ice was a mess. There was no way I was skating on crusty, crunchy, nasty REALLY BAD ice, so I thought I'd just go home & go back to bed.

But then I decided that since I was already up and ready to skate anyway that I would go to the other nearby rink (where I usually teach) and skate there instead. When I got there one of my students was there expecting a lesson. She had forgotten that her lesson schedule changed in October! So I ended up giving her a lesson instead of skating myself. I tried so hard to be good this morning and skate like I was supposed to, but it just didn't work out!

But maybe it's a good thing -- I am still pretty sore from the run! But now I'm still feeling bad about not fitting in enough skating time this week. I'll probably end up skating at 5:15 am a couple times this week to make up for what I missed this morning.

Nancy- Good luck with your upcoming marathon! Running a marathon is one of those things that I just cannot even imagine doing in my wildest dreams. I think I'd be more likely to fly to the moon than run a marathon -- I would die! How many marathons have you done?

perkyblue:

you get points for trying to skate! sometimes life just gets in the way of a workout! :)

the chicago marathon will be my first marathon, so i am pretty nervous, but i have been faithful to my training schedule, so i am hoping for the best! i ran a half marathon in august and had a blast so i am hoping for the same for the full marathon! i am pretty sore today from the 20 miles yesterday-but i will keep running according to the training schedule.

nancy

Well, things didn't go so great today either. I woke up and was still sore, but I decided to go skate anyway. But I only lasted 35 minutes. (I was supposed to do 2 hours.) My shins were so sore that I kept tripping up on things that should be fairly easy. I got frustrated and realized I was just wasting my time, so I left early. I don't know if I should even attempt my 2-hour skating session tomorrow of if I should just take the morning off to let my shins recover. It's really frustrating to wake up at 5 am and not get anything done!

I also gained 2 pounds this week, so I'm feeling a little hopeless. :( The reason for the run on Saturday was because I knew I'd be eating a lot at the 2 parties I was going to that day. I did eat a lot, but I didn't go crazy, and I hoped that the run would offset some of the extra food. I stuck faithfully to my WOE for the other 6 days of the week. How can one bad day out of 7 cause a 2-lb. gain?! :confused: How the heck am I ever going to maintain my weight once I do reach my goal if I gain 2 lbs. whenever I take one day off during the week?! I'm really tempted to just give up and use this as an excuse to lose control of things. But I realize that that wouldn't actually make the situation any better.

Hi Everyone,

Tuesday I walked 25 mins. and did 1 hour water aerobics class. Today I walk for 40 minutes and will take another 40 min. walk after work.

Would do more but I'm making holloween cookies for my dad who's in a rest home.

Think he'll like those when I see him on Saturday.

I was on the ice earlier than I have ever been before! I skated from 5:15-7:00 am! I had a rough week last week, but now I am so focused and so motivated to pass this skating test next month! If I can keep up the hard work for 4 more weeks, it will all be so worth it when I pass!

I have not posted in a while. I am still exercising everyday. I have increased my running days to 5 miles instead of 3. I have now lost 62.5 pounds. Nancy good luck on the Chicago marathon. I have a client who is running in it also.

since this is one of my "passions" i thought i would post my whole eating/workout routine for others.

my fiance is on a similiar plan.

Breakfast, whole oats(not instant) 1 banana, glass of water,multivitamin

MidMornSnack-some carrot sticks or celery sticks

Lunch-salad with grilled chicken and fat free dressing or rolled up lunch meat sandwiches(ham,turkey,chickenbreast,roastbeef) with a side salad

or raw tuna,celery sticks,protein shake

MidAftSnack-part skim cheese stick

dinner(always before 7pm!) grilled,skinless chickenbreast,brown rice or yams(not often 1-2 times a week),veggies

any chicken stirfry i make at home- no rice with a side salad

any top choice beef with veggies, 2-3 times a week

NO DESSERT

Excercise:

monday-45 minutes cardio-chest+triceps+abs

Tuesday-45 mintues cardio

Wednesday-45 minutes cardio-back-biceps-abs

thursday-30 minutes cardio

friday-30 minutes cardio-legs-abs

saturday-30 minute walk

sunday-30 minute walk+abs

i have 10% bodyfat, after being 80 pounds overweight.

now i have to get malet tummy tuck, because im all muscle with a skin puch at the bottom lol.

losing 80 pounds is fantastic! :) i have lost 65 and can totally relate to needing a tummy tuck-but I am a natural born chicken, so I am pretty sure I will have to live with the tummy

today I ran and completed my first marathon! I ran the Chicago Marathon is horrible weather (30 degree windchill and really windy!) but it was a lot of fun and i look forward to running again next year!

nancy

thats awesome!

congratualations!

i have been trying to get ready to do somethinglike that-was looking into triathalon training.

its amazing the inspiration we get from losing a few pounds.

ihavent been able to run alot my whole life, so now that im fit thats all i want to do!:D

again congrats on your amazing accomplishment

thanks for the congratulations! it was a fun time-and i felt really excited that i was able to do it-i sure could not have run 26.2 miles in january-65 pounds ago! i can recommend some good training programs if you want to train for a marathon!

nancy

• 2 weeks later...

I am giving myself the gift of good health, not just weight loss. I had crummy rehab after 3 knee surgeries and 40 extra pounds after having 2 kids. I have joined a local club called Cardinal Fitness and hired a personal trainer for 3 months. I have lost 5 pounds and my trainer is impressed. My skin color and muscle tone have improved and I have two months to go! I have a goal of 15 pounds, because we all know that if you work out, you convert fat to muscle, so the weight might not change, but the clothes are! Also, carbs are bad for me. I don't miss the potatoes or bread :)

Nancy- Congrats on completing the marathon! I'm sure it must feel good having an accomplishment like that, although I can't comprehend how running 26.2 miles could possibly be "fun!" :eek:

I've been skating 8-9 hours per week for the past 2 weeks. My Senior-level test in in just two days! I sure hope I pass, but either way it's nice to know I have at least a little bit of a break coming up soon -- I'm getting so worn out!

Archived