Rotterdam - Inside stateroom?

IrishSmiley

Getting quotes on inside stateroom, category K, Main deck...

Any thoughts?

(ps, we hesitated a long time between buying outside or inside) but decided that we could spend the money we would save by choosing inside in excursions and drinks!)

Thanks in advance!

I always stay on the Main Deck in category K. I like it because the Main Deck is a quiet deck, the inside cabins are mid-ship which I like. I would highly recommend Main Deck and category K cabins.

I sail with a group but get a cabin to myself and always get category K, I have been very happy with that category, I am sure you will as well. Hope this helps, any specific questions, please ask.

Location. Location. Location. My favorite cabin on an R-class ship is one on Main Deck, K-category.

Won't tell you the cabin # as I wouldn't want you to book it out from under me some day! :D

I'm perfectly happy in an inside cabin, and agree that saving my $$$ for other things while still being able to cruise is the best of both worlds.

Lynn, Main Deck on the R-class ships has a lot of nice K-category cabins right at mid-ship. Very comfortable, very convenient. It's one of the smoothest places to be in rough seas as it is low to the water-line, and at the junction of the axis points. It's not that far to anything in any direction, but it's also quiet. :)

But you're not getting my cabin # out of me. :D

Getting quotes on inside stateroom, category K, Main deck...

Any thoughts?

(ps, we hesitated a long time between buying outside or inside) but decided that we could spend the money we would save by choosing inside in excursions and drinks!)

Thanks in advance!

We stayed in a M room on the Dolphin Deck and it was very comfortable. It was one of the unusual cabins that was layed out long ways along the hallway instead of the typical perpindicular to the hallway. It was centrally located, which was good for smooth sailing. The elevators and stairways were close. The layout of the room seemed larger than the standard cabin because of the large area next to the bathroom between the bathroom and bed. I am all about spending the money on things other than the room. The only suggestion I make for those in an inside cabin, take a small flashlight and a glow in the dark clock. These cabins are wonderfully dark and allow you to sleep in if you want.

jc

IrishSmiley,

There are K cabins on the Lower Prom, too. These make it easy to get out on deck to check if the ocean is still out there and such. (Tee Hee)

I, too, am an advocate for getting an inside cabin and using the savings for my shipboard account. It's free money, right?

We stayed in a M room on the Dolphin Deck and it was very comfortable. It was one of the unusual cabins that was layed out long ways along the hallway instead of the typical perpindicular to the hallway. It was centrally located, which was good for smooth sailing. The elevators and stairways were close. The layout of the room seemed larger than the standard cabin because of the large area next to the bathroom between the bathroom and bed. I am all about spending the money on things other than the room. The only suggestion I make for those in an inside cabin, take a small flashlight and a glow in the dark clock. These cabins are wonderfully dark and allow you to sleep in if you want.

jc

We were assigned to a room such as this, once, on the Rotterdam after booking an inside guarantee. I really enjoyed it, and for many of the reasons you mentioned, but I found getting into the closets a bit of a challenge. Did you? Somehow standing on the bed seemed to help.

We have booked all our cruises on the main deck, inside cabins and mid ship, they're great. As has been mentioned there is easy access to elevators, an escalator and the stairs. We have enjoyed the quietness, the cabins are good size and lots of space.

We were assigned to a room such as this, once, on the Rotterdam after booking an inside guarantee. I really enjoyed it, and for many of the reasons you mentioned, but I found getting into the closets a bit of a challenge. Did you? Somehow standing on the bed seemed to help.

This was the worst aspect of the room. The bed was so close to the closet that you couldn't walk past the end of the bed with the closet doors opened. So, I agree that could be a problem. However It makes it real easy to lay everything out on the bed so I probably ended up walking back and forth from the closet to wherever I was dressing a lot less often. I think the upsides to that layout exceed the downsides. Still I overall liked the cabin very much.

jc

Stupid me I actually wanted the cabin going in, I could have probably gotten it with a gaurantee and paid less money! I am a dumb bunny! :D

jc

• 5 weeks later...

What a nice change from all the posts bragging of their mini suites or owner's suites! We booked the HH outside guarantee. We have had mixed luck, great cabins, and not so great but a very good value. On the Noordam in 2000, we were offered by HAL $800 per person, (three friends sharing) to give up our outside for an inside. We took it, but.....we didn't get the worst cabin, but close to it. Hopefully on this newer ship there are no bad cabins.

Archived