Statendam Information

sweet sheep

I did not see a lot of information about the Statendam (15 day RT to Hawaii out of San Diego) I realize i could have missed it while reading all of the posts.

Thinking about booking this trip for next year and wanted opinions from those who have gone before,

Thank you,

We did the Hawaii cruise in February of this year. The absolute only fault I could find with the cruise was rough seas and there is no way of predicting that. The Statendam is a great ship we took it to Alaska last month. The crew is outstanding and the food was excellent. The sea days were full of great things to do or just lay around the pool deck. The ports were great but it was Hawaii, so what would you expect. Some very nice people on board, because of the length of cruise and time of year you find a little older than average cruiser and very few children. I don't think you will regret taking the trip.;) ;) ;)

The Statendam is a wonderful ship, and the 15 day RT to Hawaii is a Fantastic cruise! Check out my photos and videos from this cruise at the link below. Go and have a GREAT time!

I was on the Statendam last year on the Alaska Inside passage out of Vancouver. IMHO she is a very classy ship! At 55,000 tons compared to some which are well over 100,000 tons, she is not TOO big nor is she too small. Just right!! With only 1,200 pax, it's easy to make friends and is rarely crowded. I care not to be part of a 3-4,000 mob!

The S-Dam has about 2 million in antique art, including the atrium fountain of mermaids/sirens. We heard some good classical music on board, but no rap, metal, or hip hop. For a week I didn't hear the F-word.

The food was very good, and the entertainment had it's high points like the crew's show.

Archived