Looks like RCCL canceled the cruise I booked for April 29th 06 on Mariner

Long time reader, first time poster. I went to check to see if the price had dropped and there was no listing on the web site for the cruise (Mariner on April 29, 2006 Eastern Intinerary). When I went to My Cruises my reservation number was not there. I called RCCL and they told me it looks like RCCL canceled the cruise and that someone would contact my via phone.

My question is.......Will RCCL offer anything such as on-board credit, etc. for the inconvenience? Just want to know how to handle and what to expect when they call. We had connecting promenade cabins with my sister and her DH. We may change to the May 13th cruise but need to make different arrangements with airlines, etc.

this could be why you were cancelled if your really travelling in 2007, not 06. These are the schedules for the Mariner effectively to be out of service.

Refurb - Mariner- 4/23/07 – 5/20/07—Freeport Drydock.

Bedding - Mariner- 4/23/07 – 5/20/07

RCCL cancelled our AOS cruise in May 2005, like yours, with no warning. Our TA had to practically beat the info out of them to find out what had happened. Took months to get confirmation that we actually had been bumped. (Turned out an organization had booked the entire ship for our date.)

We were livid. We had booked 14 months in advance, as soon as the dates opened up, and were travelling with a group of 18, so had 9 cabins booked, all together. We were also interested in a specific itinerary.

They offered us the option of 3 different sailings leaving our original weekend on 3 different Voyager-class ships at our original booking price, plus $100 onboard credit per cabin. They would also pay any airline fees for changing our flight arrangements. Unfortunately, none of the sailings were to our preferred itinerary. The fare on one of them was even less than our original fare!! :eek: I presume they would have lowered the fare, but still...

Our TA really went to bat for us and was able to get us the next sailing of AOS that went on our preferred itinerary for the same price as our original booking, saving us about $200 pp, plus we got the $100 OBC too! Although we ended up with our group's cabins strung out along one deck (instead of all next to each other) we were quite pleased with this resolution.

So make a case to your TA and have him/her take up your situation with RCCL. It helps to have your arguments spelled out and what specific remedy you would like. Good Luck!

Chris

This has also happened to me. We booked while on our cruise this past June. Then I read here a month or so ago about the dry docking. I called RCCL and was told no it was not that week. Than I saw it had been removed. I sent an email Saturday. I have not yet recieved a phone call. I find it upsetting they don't care. They have my $500 deposit.

I'm in the same boat. My cruise for Sept 22, 2007 was just cancelled the other day because RCL has decided to dry dock the Jewel for the month of Sept and Oct. This now leaves me with no 7 day cruises to choose from to go to New England. I can only do 7 day cruises or less b/c of my job. Thanks RCL for ruining my vacation. I was really looking forward to that cruise! Never been on a Radiance class ship and never have been to New England. :(

this could be why you were cancelled if your really travelling in 2007, not 06. These are the schedules for the Mariner effectively to be out of service.

Refurb - Mariner- 4/23/07 – 5/20/07—Freeport Drydock.

Bedding - Mariner- 4/23/07 – 5/20/07

Meripour, these schedules don't appear to be strictly accurate. You can read the discussion about it with regards to Mariner in this thread.

I was booked on the Jewel April '07 when my TA (from Costco) called to inform me it had been cancelled due to repositioning to Europe. I did get $100 OBC plus I'll be on the Mariner May 20 with all of the new bedding.

Meripour, these schedules don't appear to be strictly accurate. You can read the discussion about it with regards to Mariner in this thread.

Yes I read that, plus the other new one. Looks like it is a moving target, but the disclaimer on the RCCL site did say they reserved the right to change the dates. Thanks:)

Sorry for my confusion but we are booked on the 4/22/07 of the Mariner with a group and it is still showing as sailing on the RCI, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc website.

if they are going to cancel how soon would they be letting passengers know so we can make other arrangements.

Thanks for the insight

Sorry for my confusion but we are booked on the 4/22/07 of the Mariner with a group and it is still showing as sailing on the RCI, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc website.

if they are going to cancel how soon would they be letting passengers know so we can make other arrangements.

Thanks for the insight

MrsFops, as of last night, RCCL says the 4/22/07 Mariner cruise is NOT cancelled, but Mariner will go into drydock for 4/29/07 to 5/6/07. We've heard conflicting information from others who claim to be in the know, so I'm crossing my fingers that the 4/27 cruise is still go, but all indications at this point say that it will be sailing.

Why not join the Roll Call thread for 4/27/07, located here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=340143

In my telephone call to RCCL yesterday they stated that the reason the Mariner's 04/29/07 sailing was no longer on their website was because "it was sold out"! Now I am really confused! If it really is not soldout, but actually going into drydock, we will obviously have to make other plans. However, we have already purchased our 3 airline tickets and the change fees are $100 a piece! Aargh!!!! :(

quote.gif

In my telephone call to RCCL yesterday they stated that the reason the Mariner's 04/29/07 sailing was no longer on their website was because "it was sold out"! Now I am really confused! If it really is not soldout, but actually going into drydock, we will obviously have to make other plans. However, we have already purchased our 3 airline tickets and the change fees are $100 a piece! Aargh!!!! :(

quote.gif

We are booked on the 5-6-07 Mariner... It now looks like instead of being the last cruise before drydock we will be the first one after drydock!! That sounds a lot better to me.... I Think...LOL

Today is my day to be a wet blanket, LOL. Just because a ship is in drydock doesn't mean that she will look like new when she comes out - we were on the first Vision cruise after her drydock this year, and were on Monarch shortly after hers. Both ships had undergone extensive mechanical repairs, but the rooms were the same decor, same tired bedspreads (which will change when the new bedding arrives), some public areas were still in need of refurbishment, there were some chairs w/ripped upholstery in the lounges, etc.

So don't expect "new" or even close to it, but at least she should run smoothly!:D

RCCL just doesn't know how to handle cancellations. We were on a cruise a couple of years ago where the couple in line with us had originally been booked on a Celebrity ship, one of the Millenium class, which had the pod troubles. They only found out that their trip was cancelled because a large credit appeared on their Amex card a month or two before their cruise. It took several calls to Celebrity to get the straight story, and more hassle to get a replacement cruise (on Radiance, not even a Celebrity ship). I don't know why they are in such a shambles in that regard...

Okay, I called RCCL again today and asked about the conflicting info re: the 04-29-07 sail date: cancelled due to drydock (per this board) v.s. "sold-out" (per RCCL agent). Today's agent was quite certain that the 04-29-07 sailing is cancelled because the Mariner is going into drydock. He stated that customers booked on this sailing will be contacted by RCCL in the next two weeks. Hope this helps.

Archived