Cave Tubing?

ilinda

I will be in Belize City and have an interest in cave tubing. Has anyone experienced this? Tell me about it? How much hiking to the caves is involved and how much do you have to be in shape? Thanks.

We tubed with reggie back in Jan. Had a great time and would highly reccomend him. He only takes a small group. The walk to the caves is very scenic through a rainforest. Stay away from the ship sponsered ones. Tons of people and inpersonal service.

• 1 month later...

We did this on a cruise in June and it was wonderful. We chose X-Treme and were very pleased. Small group, good flashlights provided to everyone so you could see in the caves (and our guide had a large flashlight to point things out to our group). I had also talked to Reggie because he had such good reviews and would have probably chosen him but he was going to be on vacation during our cruise and was not available to take us.

I didn't find this to be a strenuous excursion. The walk to the river was pretty leisurely. The tubing was calm. Remember to keep your "butt" up in the shallow areas. You will hit some rocks (smooth rocks but rocks none the less) that can leave bruises if you don't remember our motto. :-)

Have a great time!

Cave tubing is a bunch of fun there is a 2 or 3 mile hike to get to the cave. But you walk throw the jungule and its a bunch of fun. The cave water is very cold so be ready. You dont have to be in very good shap there is the walking and you have to paddel yourself down the river and it gets very low and deep a bunch of time while your in the water. Be sure not to bring anything a vaule on the trip you will probley loss it so bring a waterprook carma.

Archived