What "Season" are you?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. What "Season" are you?

• Spring
    • Summer
    • Fall
    • Winter

Okay gals and guys...

So, I'm finally feeling welcome and okay here, so I'm really starting to have some fun!

I know that those of you in fashion may think that this is "old school", but I use it all the time, and I swear it works for looking your best (gals and guys) and for clothing, hair color, (makeup for ladies)...

What "season" are you?

Take the poll...

Trying to condense the idea:

Spring = Looks best in warm and bright colors

Summer = Looks best in cool and bright colors

Fall = Looks best in warm and subtle colors

Winter = Looks best in cool and subtle colors

Have fun!

Don't flame me.

CJW

PS I'm a Spring;)

I dont know!! I am blonde, green eyed with blonde eyelashes/eyebrows (ugh!) and pink undertones. Maybe a Spring? I wear a lot of black...but love aqua, green and red. I think I need help!:p

LOL! and any of you fashion divas, please don't respond or answer to this thread, unless you have something constructive to say.

Otherwise, just move on....:rolleyes:

That being said...

shuga67,

Here's how you go and know...

You are either a spring or summer.

Honestly, (without hair dye) what is your blonde hair tone?

Are you more naturally "ashy" (which means blonde with some blue undertones), or are you more "gold" (which means blonde with some yellow or red undertones)?

Are you really having pink (which technically is blue/cool) undertones, where you look better with makeup that is true red, blue/pink, etc?

Or do you look better with makeup that is warm (peach, coral, warm brown)?

If you are more cool, blue/cool pink/ash blonde, then you are summer.

If youre more warm, peach/coral/golden or red blonde, then you are a spring.

CJW

PS Black is never good for you (like me) unless you get a "pop" of color around your face to reflect the right tones and lighting.;)

I am so totally fall .. but I still love those Jewel tones

Are you totally "reddish" "golden", but "warm"?

If so, then it can actually be cool, but not for you.

"Jewel tones" though, you could totally work, warm Emerald, Peridot, and a warm Garnet.

Oh, my Lord. I am SO gay!

(I'm kidding, I'm not, this is one of the reasons that women like me, but still...

I am SO coming out of the metrosexual closet on this Fashion Board).

CJW

That settles it...I am a Spring! Have gold/red undertones in my hair. Honey, I have no earthly idea what my natural hair color is now! I havent seen it in years! Do I HAVE to give up my black...it is so comforting! I am six feet tall and when I wear too much color I feel like a clown on stilts!:D

That settles it...I am a Spring! Have gold/red undertones in my hair. Honey, I have no earthly idea what my natural hair color is now! I havent seen it in years! Do I HAVE to give up my black...it is so comforting! I am six feet tall and when I wear too much color I feel like a clown on stilts!:D

No, and I technically have to go to sleep after this...

You are only Spring, if the red and gold undertones in your hair are natural!

It's all about then, do you look best in pink/blue-ish makeup? (if so, then Summer).

Or do you look best in peach/coral makeup? (if so, then Spring).

Regardless black is not great for you (around your face), so just make sure that you have an appropriate shirt/"pop" of the right tone and color around your face.

The whole thing is that, literally, whatever color and tone that you are wearing around your face, will reflect that light, color, and tone up onto your face.

So, you want something that matches your coloring tone.

CJW

Winter, I love black, I would wear it 24/7 except in 30C (90+) it's too hot so I wear white/begie especially if driving in the car, even with the a/c the sun beating down on me I wear only bits of black for comfort reasons.

I'll wear red, I'm so not a pastel person. I love leopard print, not sure what that falls into as I see it for all seasons (cotton in summer, wool/cashmere in winter)?

I am a SPRING I just found out!!!!

( I always thought I was a fall, but I am not!!)

Thanks Curt!

I am out of the closet and educated!:D

I am beginning to think I know who you REALLY are and what your job is....

You are CLINTON!!!!!!! CLINTON from What Not To Wear!!!

It's okay....we will NOT TELL, and I completely understand the heterosexual front. :cool:

HOLEY MOLEY!!!! I HAVE ALWAYS wanted to meet you, I think you are absolutely adorable!

I can't believe I did not put my finger on this until now!

Well, just wanted to say I really think you do a wonderful job on the show and I think you are fanny pinchin' cute!

I can't wait to call all of my girlfriends... they will be soooo envious...

WOW.... A real star.....

( Wide eyed and dreamy look here)

( harp music begins to fade in softly....)

I'm starting to love these fashion polls! I tend to be a winter, but sometimes go fall. I have auburn hair and yellow/brown eyes (trust me, they are weird!), so I tend to use green eyeshadows and wear darker colours. It's kind of funny, since I hate winter as a season!

I'll say either spring or summer - bright, bright colors - no lavenders, mauves, light pinks, pale yellows - now that the hair is silver - I find I can "almost" wear white - and black looks better. Love reds, turquoise, royal purple, brights blues ... orange ... still on the fence - think there is too much red tone in the face.

Love quizes - its nice to discover new things - Jan

I don't know, I think I'm a spring. Or a summer. My best colors are bright blue (not my fav) pink, coral and turquoise. I fade to nothing in earth tones, ivory, even purple. I can wear white, which is a godsend to me, otherwise, I'd be wearing springy colors all year round. My fav outfit in the winter months (very casual at work) is jeans with a crisp white shirt. Although it does show the yogurt and ketchup splatters (I help special needs kids feed themselves), it can be easily bleached out. Sometimes I think I should stick to a paisley print, perhaps the color of spaghetti and meatballs.

My skin color is very fair, my hair still a medium to dark brown with red undertones. In the summer my hair will fade to a brassy blonde, yuck. I'm currently growing out highlights that looked good in the hair, just not around my face. I'm probably lucky, at 53, my hair is has hardly any gray, but I color it anyway.

I did the season thing years ago, when it first came out, probably back in the 80's. I can't hardly remember last week, so it's really hard to remember that far back :rolleyes:

Help me Curt!!!!

My hair is naturally light brown with light reddish tones, but it is now about 60-70% blonde highlighted to hide the gray. I think I look better with bluish-red/berry lipstick/blush, etc. I have an English peaches and cream complexion. I think that neither white nor black looks good next to my face without big splashes of color. I think I look great in cool brights such as turquoise, bright pinks, (today I'm wearing a fluorescent pea green overshirt with a black tank underneath - and it looks darn good!). HOWEVER, EVERYTIME I wear a coral colored shirt or sweater or dress, I get TONS of compliments on it (and I work with people who give precious few compliments). Is it contradictory for me to look good in both coral and the brights I've mentioned above?

What season am I? For what it's worth, I've been told I look like Tipper Gore (that is neither a brag nor a complaint - I feel rather neutral about it - but do see the resemblance - we both have chubby cheeks).

What AM I?????

I'm a winter. Jewel-toned colors are definitely my friends, though pastel pinks and lavenders work well also. As far as make-up goes, if there's even a hint of yellow or orange in it, it will change to a darker yellow or orange on me (the native american in me). Browns and most of the turquoises that are so hot right now are not for me. I love the look, just not on me.

Boy, haven't thought of colour seasons for years. Way, way, way, back in the late 70's or early 80's I got "colour draped" and discovered I was a winter. My hair colour has changed (many times) since then and perhaps even my complexion as I age, so perhaps I should try it again. I do wear a lot of black/white and they look good on me, but also bright blues.

CJW - thanks for the memories of a fun evening spent so many years ago.

I am what we used to call Autumn, I guess that is Fall now. I can go into winter. I have very dark eyes so I get more leeway. Colors I absolutely can not wear are pinks and lavenders.

One important thing to consider is skin tone, I am a light Olive. Also without benefit of hair coloring my brown hair has gotten lighter with very little gray. I can attribute that to the fact my dad is a true blond.

Granted for summer I will wear lighter colors they do not look as good, but I was kind of raised with the Labor Day rules.

I don't know.

My natural hair color was reddish blondish brownish. I never knew what to call the color. I'm getting grey so my hairdresser colors it to almost my natural color and then highlights it. Some people call me blond and some insist I'm a redhead.

My skin is fair and freckled like a redhead. I spent too many days in the sun as a child.

My eyes are blue green.

I look like my Irish great grandmother.

I don't look good in either white or black but I'm forced to wear a lot of black because I play in a church orchestra. The only thing that helps me not fade away in black is to wear stronger blush, lipstick and eyeshadow.

I think my best colors are peach, turquoise and greens, but I can't think of any color that I don't feel good in. They just kind of change my appearance slightly, if that makes any sense.

My husband had a career which put us on television and I found that every time I wore turquoise or any other blue or green, the cameras were on me. In tan or any neutral color, they left me alone.

I don't know what season I am. Can you help me?

Yesterday, I uploaded some pictures on the Kodak website but you need to register to have access (free and takes 1 minute). I made a 2 pictures album for you. The first picture is not a good one (in the truck after about 7 hours and the cowboy hat is not the look I usually have, just once or twice a year) but you can see my face better. On the 2nd one, you can see me on the right. I think brown fits me well but white, red and pink also do...

Please help me.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=53973771510&page=1&upload_count=2

Archived