Delayed Flight Missed Ship

Leona1

FYI - A 15 minute boat ride wouldn't even get you into international waters. I checked and the straight line distance from Miami to CocoCay is about 120 nautical miles (137 statute miles), which is about six hours at Majesty's full cruising speed.
Thanks for the clarification...I thought 15 minutes to CocoCay sounded kind of short!

We have no lives!

Pathetic, huh? I'm not even at work . . . I could be doing whatever I want . . . but I have to know if Leona's friend makes it to her cruise, dagnab it !! Never mind the fact that I don't know Leona, let alone her friend. ;)

But seriously . . . crossing fingers here, too!! I wonder if Leona's friend knows how many perfect strangers are rooting for her? And if she did -- would it freak her out at all? :D

Given that I spent over 10 years with an AAirline that shall remain nameless, I slightly sympathize with Jim's frustration. Cancelled flights because of light load factors is one of, if not the absolute biggest myths out there. I understand why people are suspicious. Airlines do so many other goofy things that I think it just comes natural. However, if you take a big picture view of an airline, you will understand why it is simply not possible to just cancel flights willy-nilly because they are lightly loaded. There are an awful lot of factors that go into a cancelation decision, with load factor being somewhere pretty far down from the top of the list. Is it a factor? Sure. The best example being if you have a flight to Dallas and a flight to Dayton, with Dallas being booked to 200 passengers and Dayton being booked to 30. Dallas goes mechanical. Both flights use the same aircraft type. Decision time: do you inconvenience 200 passengers or 30? If the impact on the network is negligible, i.e. the specific airplane doesn't have to fly to Dayton for a specific maintenance check that is required by a specific time, a prudent business decision is to probably swap Dayton's airplane to the Dallas flight and move those 200 passengers on time. You are far more likely to be able to reacommodate 30 passengers in a reasonable period of time than you are 200. Unfortunate for those 30 passengers, yes, but still probably the best outcome overall. In any event, has anyone flown lately? I haven't been on an empty flight in probably 3 years!

Now, back to the topic at hand. I hope this works out for your friend. I've got my fingers crossed! I see the flight has a 3:53pm arrival. With only a carry-on, your friend has a shot, but she's going to be running!

If she talks to the airlines and they let her off first, and she rushes to a cab and then calls RCCL, which happens to be right across from the port, they should hold it for 30 minutes or so and she should be fine.

She is in the air so we can't inform her to talk to the airline people... but when she calls you, ask immediately if she has called RCCL... if not tell her to call right away!!!! Get the number and have it handy for her just in case she does not have it. She is going ot be frantic so help all you can from where you are.

I ma sure she will be fine... I have both windows (FlightAware and WebCam) open and will watch them until it is time to go home. By then, she should be on board.

GOOD LUCK!!!

She should call RCI, run for a cab and then call you. But that's just me....:D

No, no - get the cab FIRST, then make phone calls from the cab!!! I've got my fingers crossed also and am awaiting the final outcome.

No, no - get the cab FIRST, then make phone calls from the cab!!! I've got my fingers crossed also and am awaiting the final outcome.

MULTITASK PEOPLE!! No waiting until the cab...as soon as you land, while you're still in the cabin...turn on the phone and start yer callin!!!!!!!

Talk and walk, people...walk and talk.

I'm with you and Zotzer living in the same area. I'm heading out direct flight from National to Miami tomorrow @ 7:30am for a 5:00 pm cruise on NOS. I was going to go a day early but gambled on same day flight.

So am I, however, for our January cruise I'm not taking any chances and we'll be going in the night before.

I hope she can make it!

It's getting down to the wire!:o Let's hope for the best!!

I don't think I could have handled the stress-- if it was me!

I think that's part of the reason I feel so bad for her. Our very first cruise was a 3-day Majesty out of Miami, and like the newbies that we were, we flew in on the same day. We were lucky and everything turned out fine, but knowing what I know now, I still just shudder when I think of it.

So I look at this poor lady and think, 'There but for the grace of God go I!'

Archived