Wine on Summit

Jarronwood

Hi Guys

2 questions.

Is there a wine package, like RCCL who do the three packages Bronze Silver and Gold and if so, can you direct me to the lists please.

Now with the Normandie Restaurant I know you pay $30 each for the privilege but I have ready that if you pay I think $49 you get different wine with each course. Or something like that. Does anyone know about this please.

Thanks

Normandie is $30\pp and they offer two menus - ala carte on the right side of menu and an "Exceptional Menu" which is on the left. The latter is an additional $29.75\pp surcharge and includes wine pairings for each course from starters to dessert. We highly recommend the Exceptional.

In order to select the Exceptional Menu, the entire table must select it so the service is in synch.

Technically, if you are a repeat diner to the Normandie, there is more than these two menus as they offer a special menu with different entrees.

Yes, if the table is just you and your husband that is fine as long as you both order from the same menu.

You could call Celebrity to see if you can get a sample menu if someone on this board can't point in the right direction.

As soon as we boarded we asked for a copy of the menu and we also had a wine listed delivered to us as well.

In terms of wine, they have a pretty diverse set of choices in the specialty restaurant as a wide variety of prices.

We have eaten in various speciatly restaurants on ships ranging from mass market, to premium to luxury. We enjoyed this restaurant from the outstanding service, outstanding food and wonderful ambience more than any other restaurant cruise line restaurant. I would highly recommend it.

Keith

Thanks for that Keith

We will def go for the Exceptional Menu with their choice of wine per course.

How many courses are there? Is it three or five?

I guess also we will book this on one of the evenings when the following day is a Sea Day. I can see a hangover coming on....

My husband and I like fine dining and when he was working and living in London (he was in charge of a big refurshment house for a well known American family) just behind Harrods in Knigtsbridge, I used to stay with him (in the days when we were courting a couple of years ago) and we used to frequent some of the nice restaurants there one in particular which is not really known to tourists is just off Walton Street called Totos. Wow, the food, wine and service were amazing and so was the bill....

Jarronwood,

The menu exceptionnel has five courses

Soup or Broth

Souffle or foie-gras

Choice of Entree

Slection of Cheeses

Dessert

Plus before the entree something to cleanse your palat with and with your desert Petits Fours

We went there a couple of times on our cruise. You might want to consider doing this twice so you can try each menu. There were some items on the regular menu that weren't on the menu exceptionnel that we thought we wonderful.

Our meals were about 2 1/2 hours each. Much of the staff from this restaurant during lunch works over at the Aqua Spa dining area which serves very healthy food so we would see them over there from time to time.

I can't say enough about this specialty restaurant.

Keith

Hi Keith

So they give you a different wine with each course, is it just one glass each? Or can you have a second glass (not that I drink a lot, just wondering.)

One glass per course should be enough anyway, especially if I have a glass or two of champers beforehand.

Hi Guys

Is there a wine package, like RCCL who do the three packages Bronze Silver and Gold and if so, can you direct me to the lists please.

I would like to know about this, too. If it is the same thing, I just heard about it last night from friends just back from RCCI Alaska cruise. This is a dining room package for bottles of wine for a specified number of nights. They took the top priced package for dining and said that they saved, over 5 nights, about $135 based on the regular dining room prices. I have never heard of this being offerred on Celebrity. Perhaps some other posters can help us out here...

No no wine packages on Celebrity - the best deal might be to order the Celebrity wine $25 a bottle from the Bon Voyave package. What we do is order 2 x red and 2 x white for 7 nights (I have an allergy to some wines but seem OK with these X ones which probably means they are "lower class wines", sadly my body freaks at most good wines except South African ones) and we send one of each to the dining room. No corkage because it is a Bon Voyage pack; they cork up each night and store what we have not drank. The MD tells DH when we need to send another bottle down. We will order a special bottle for the last formal night and that plus our trip to the Speciality place usually sees us through no problem

AJ

Hi AJ

Uh where do we find the Bon Vogage package.

I have looked on my booking thing by putting in my number and this tells me all the details, what sailing. I know I can also book any excursions and I remember on the RCCL site there was a drop down menu showing extras like ordering chocolate covered strawberries on your arrival and champagne. ALso other packages you can order pre sail away but I cant find where on the Celebrity web.

Pls help

either do a search on bon voyage gifts on the search engine on their pages or, well certainly the site I use it is one of the options you can click on at the bottom pf the home page - along with the press and crproate pages. I would agree it is not that easy to find - makes you wonder do they want to sell you anything

Go to Celebrity web site www.celebrity.com, at bottom of page is a dark blue line. Select Bon Voyage packages. You have to either email it or call to order as they only take credit card payment. I have done it on several cruises and works fine. Have also ordered a liquor package from there for balcony cocktails as well. Only problem has been not having waiting in room on arrival. Might suggest specifying when you want it delivered.

Just wanted to let you know that my DH and I had dinner in the specialty restaurant last February and I ordered the exceptional and he did not. We were never told that we both had to order the same. Maybe it was because they weren't busy. I'm not sure, just wanted to let you know.

Have a great cruise!!!

Archived