Latest you are allowed to disembark RCL....

Hello,

I am sailing the Freedom of the Seas and have the choice of an 11AM or 3PM flight home.....

I will be travelling with 2 children so I feel that the 11AM flight may be cutting it close........so that means we'll have a few hours to kill.....what is the latest we can wait until they kick us off the ship???

Thanks

It really depends on the day. No matter what you have to be out of your room and waiting in a public area by 8am. Since they have to clean all the rooms before new guests board, and they try to start boarding by 11am, they want the guests from the previous cruise off as quickly as possible, so usually no later than 10am.

If you can do the self-disembark option, you most likely can make that 11am flight. But if you aren't sure, and want to play it safe with the 3pm flight (which I would do), then look for a tour you can take, or rent a car and go to a beach or mall for a few hours before your flight, instead of planning to stay on the ship.

Another thing, have you looked for flights in and out of Ft. Lauderdale? You might find more options through that airport.

See my post on this thread about disembarking.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=393022

Especially with 2 kids, schedule the later flight and relax. :cool:

Before you disembark, you are still on a cruise!!!

Even if you have to wait around, you can relax and ejoy the fact that there is no stress and no rush and no frantic-panic. :eek:

Hope this helps!:D

I really don't know what you would do on the ship in a public area with the kids! On that last day, all that wonderful service you've experienced all throughout your cruise is GONE!!!! They want you OFF THE SHIP!!! We were off the ship by 8:15 and at MIA by 9:20 am. We still had to sit in that nasty airport until our 11:45 flight. Even if you stay on the ship until 10, that's still a long time til 3! Good luck with your decision!

Try to remember back to a week earlier when you were anxious to get on the ship as early as possible. If the passengers on that sailing had decided to stay onboard until they were kicked off, what time do you think you would have been able to board? Extend the next week's passengers the same courtesy as you were shown and get off when your color is called. If you take the later flight look into a post-cruise excursion that will show you some of the local sights and then get you to the airport in time for your flight.

A much better option than hanging around on the ship or hanging at the airport.:)

Archived