Chair Hogs

giambotto

Since you have never had a problem finding a chair why do you care if someone takes yours after you have left it unoccupied for over 30 minutes while you are elsewhere? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

As she stated, she finds chairs in obscure places and never seems to have a problem finding plenty, because as everyone else stated, they do not want to sit there. If Princess had a topless deck like Carnival..... I've heard there are always plenty of chairs up there and that the view is amazing from up there. :)

Then I don't think you are looking hard enough. I guess it all depends on where you want to sit....by the main pools, you are probably right, chairs are hard to find. If you are just looking for a chair to sit in to get some sun, then you are not looking hard enough. I was just on the CB and let me tell you, there were plenty of chairs that were empty, not being hogged, by the spa pool. If you can't find a place to sit, you arn't looking!!! Just my personal opinion!

As another poster said, some of us need to be by the pool to watch our kids (some of us DO supervise our kids).

And on our last cruise, on one day my daughter got some pizza to eat. No free tables around so we kept looking and looking for a place she can eat. Even went up a deck and still no unoccupied chairs. We went over to one chair that had a towel and the person in the next chair said someone was using it. I asked where are they? She replied, he's watching the ice carving demo (it was going on by the stairs next to the pool).

Maybe you have had luck finding empty chairs but obviously many others haven't.

As another poster said' date=' some of us need to be by the pool to watch our kids (some of us DO supervise our kids). [/quote']

Again, I addressed that in one of my previous posts. I acknowledged that finding chairs by the main pools is a difficult task. I also said that I think it is completely selfish to "hog" a chair when there are none available and people are looking.

I say a prayer everyday that I don't meet people like the 99's on my next cruise.

Now, was that really necessary? I mean honestly! If you met us on a cruise, you would probably enjoy our company. We are very fun to be around. Just because we have different opinions does not make us bad people. Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts....that is what makes the world go 'round. However, if you are that shallow that a different opinion intimidates you to the point of hoping you never meet "people like us" then I hope we never meet narrow minded people like you!

I will say this again....I DO think it is rude to "hog" a chair when other people are searching to find one. I will only leave for longer than 30 minutes if there are plenty of chairs available!

I will say this again....I DO think it is rude to "hog" a chair when other people are searching to find one. I will only leave for longer than 30 minutes if there are plenty of chairs available!

And I will say again, if I like the location of your chair and if it is empty for more than 30 minutes regardless if there are other chairs available, it is mine.. :D

And I will say again, if I like the location of your chair and if it is empty for more than 30 minutes regardless if there are other chairs available, it is mine.. :D

Whatever floats your boat and makes you happy. I would simply find another chair! I am not going to let it ruin my vacation!

I think when you decided to write in defense of chair hogs you set yourself up for criticism. I don't believe because you claim chairs on a cruise makes you a person that I would not want to meet. I think your original statement came across very selfish, maybe that was not your intent. Nothing personal on my behalf I am addressing the behavior, not the people.

I think when you decided to write in defense of chair hogs you set yourself up for criticism. I don't believe because you claim chairs on a cruise makes you a person that I would not want to meet. I think your original statement came across very selfish, maybe that was not your intent. Nothing personal on my behalf I am addressing the behavior, not the people.

You are absolutely right! I knew when I made that post, that people would not like it. People have very strong opinions on this subject (as well as dress code). However, there is no need for anyone to make a personal attack on anyone else!

Nothing to do with chairs. Nothing to do with your opinions and certainly not a personal attack. When you call someone a liar that is all I need to want to stay away from you. (post 43)

Who did I call a liar? No one. What I said was...to say that there are NO chairs available is a lie. I was referring to the statement, not a person.

I am sorry that you feel you would NEVER want to meet me on a cruise...your loss!

my sticker!

This chair was made for an ass to sit in..if there isnt one in it...mine will be..thanks!

im quite brazen I know..but rest assured after 30 min (exactly) I will toss the towel on the next chair over..and sit my big behind in it..if someone comes back..i'll tell them to try and move me..(heh) that always works.

Seriously..you can tell if its a pool person...ie hat, book, drink, lotion on it...if its just atowel..im sure its just a hog..ruining it for others while they get a maassage, etc..

Sorrow 99. English is not my first language. I understood what you said to mean you called a statement made by another person a lie. That is calling that person a liar.

Lets please end this now.

Del

Sorrow 99. English is not my first language. I understood what you said to mean you called a statement made by another person a lie. That is calling that person a liar.

Lets please end this now.

Del

Whatever you say! I did not call anyone a liar...the statement that was made was inaccurate and I was simply pointing that out. You can end this right now if you like...stop responding! Up to the point that you chimed in, it was simply a debate. You decided to make it personal by saying that you would NEVER want to meet "people like us". Again, I am sorry you feel that way!

Again, like I said, it depends on where you would like to sit. But to say that there are NO chairs available is a lie. There ARE chairs available, just not where you want to sit.

Sorry, but to say that you didn't say it isn't true. Again, maybe you have been lucky enough EVERY time you needed a deck chair. But enough people have had this problem. I don't think it's a matter for each and everyone who had that problem that they just didn't look hard enough.

I will probably be flamed for this, so flame away but I am just being honest. I do not give up my chair..whether I am going in the pool, going to the bathroom or going to eat lunch! Now, I also do not choose prime locatin either. I choose to be away from the action. But, on this last cruise, I spent most of the time in the pool and never gave up my chair. Why should I? I deserve a place to sit when I am done...I will return. Maybe not in the time frame you want, but I will return. I personally have no problem with chair hogs. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em! There are plenty of chairs to go around!

Chandler...I can understand if you are there and swimming or just walking away to get a quick bite. However, for those that wake up at the peak of dawn to go up to the pool and put something on a chair just so that they can use it for a few minutes later in the day is just WRONG. I agree with the 30 (or so) minute policy. However, I would never take a chair if there is a free one nearby. But I do not have a problem with moving someones things if it is obviously been there unused for a the time limit. If everyone just used the chairs while in the area and removed everything when they left, I am sure there would be enough chairs to go around all of the time. Aren't the decks just packed with chairs all over the place anyway!!!?

AK

If you truly want to protect your chair you need to rig a defense mechanism. When someone moves your mismatched flip flop, a cattle prod pops up and gooses them in the ass and shoots 1000 volts up their butt. You'll know who messed with your chair by the bewildered look in their eyes, the still smoking scalp and their oh so enchanting bow legged walk. :p

If you truly want to protect your chair you need to rig a defense mechanism. When someone moves your mismatched flip flop, a cattle prod pops up and gooses them in the ass and shoots 1000 volts up their butt. You'll know who messed with your chair by the bewildered look in their eyes, the still smoking scalp and their oh so enchanting bow legged walk. :p

Now, that was funny!

Chandler...I can understand if you are there and swimming or just walking away to get a quick bite. However, for those that wake up at the peak of dawn to go up to the pool and put something on a chair just so that they can use it for a few minutes later in the day is just WRONG. I agree with the 30 (or so) minute policy. However, I would never take a chair if there is a free one nearby. But I do not have a problem with moving someones things if it is obviously been there unused for a the time limit. If everyone just used the chairs while in the area and removed everything when they left, I am sure there would be enough chairs to go around all of the time. Aren't the decks just packed with chairs all over the place anyway!!!?

AK

I agree...when people get up at the crack of dawn and claim a chair with their belongings and then go back to sleep, that is a problem. If someone uses their chair in the morning and then goes to the spa, then goes and takes a nap and leaves their belongings, again...a problem. That is not what I am talking about. But, some people of this board don't care what you are doing. If you are not sitting in your chair for 30 minutes, even if you are in the pool, they will take it. I think that is wrong as well!

I agree...when people get up at the crack of dawn and claim a chair with their belongings and then go back to sleep, that is a problem. If someone uses their chair in the morning and then goes to the spa, then goes and takes a nap and leaves their belongings, again...a problem. That is not what I am talking about. But, some people of this board don't care what you are doing. If you are not sitting in your chair for 30 minutes, even if you are in the pool, they will take it. I think that is wrong as well!

How does one know where one is at or has been for 30 minutes? I have seen up to a hundred poolside chairs (saved)? and only 10 people in the pool.

Ron

Archived