Non-alcoholic beverages included?

KS17

Okay, so I'm looking in my Royal Caribbean brochure and in the back where they have the Q&A section it says...Q: What's included in my cruise? And it states non-alcoholic beverages.

I was under the impression that beverages were not included. We'll be on FOS next summer. Can someone please clarify?

If you drink soda you can buy a soda card for the length of your cruise. It cost about $6 per day plus they add the 15% tip and it's good for the whole cruise.

Or just bring your own aboard. If you do the soda card (good deal because it also includes all juices), bring a bigger cup to use. The little thing they give you is pretty insufficient.

The insulated cup they give you now (with soda stamp purchase) is 22 OZ......it's a really nice size to carry around, and keeps the drinks ice cold!

Take Care,

Jaime

Really? They must have upped the size from the little Coke bottle thing we had last October. With ice I doubt that thing held more than 8 oz. of liquid. A bigger mug would make that soda ticket much more useful.

As stated, lemonade, iced tea, and a limited selection of juices in glasses are available free of charge where there is food service. Coffee and tea are also free where there is food service, but not free outside of that (learned that the hard way, like in a lounge - you will be charged for a cup of coffee, plus gratuity).

All soda pop and some of the other juices are available for a fee.

You can run a search of these boards about the pop cards - people seem to be divided in their opinion of them. There are lots of threads running already about beverages.

Have a great time on Freedom. :)

Really? They must have upped the size from the little Coke bottle thing we had last October. With ice I doubt that thing held more than 8 oz. of liquid. A bigger mug would make that soda ticket much more useful.

We have both cups...the smaller red metallic coke cup, and the larger insulated RCCL coke cup. The new one we received last month is twice as large as the other one.

It fits perfect in a car console too! I think my daughter has used hers MORE since we've gotten home then she did on the ship. This is probably her favorite souviner! At one point they had about 8 of them for sale on Ebay!

Just for information's sake, you'd have to drink 4 sodas a day for the soda stamp to be of any value. ($6.00 a day, or 4 sodas @ 1.50 each!)

Take Care,

Jaime

Amen! I used that style twice before I realized I should just get the server to give me a normal glass with ice.

I never did get the "value" I thought I would from the pass and have skipped getting one since that first cruise.

It didn't put too much of a dent on my wallet (personally) so I guess I could recommend a person try it to see if they get the value. Then they can determine if they'd buy it again on the next cruise.

I got more than my money's worth out of it, but my wife hardly used hers at all. The difference there is that she is an iced tea fiend and never drinks soda. The pass for her was intended to be for juice more than anything, but she never drank juice outside of breakfast, where it is free. Oh well, live and learn. I'll get one next time (if I don't bring my own soda aboard), but she has said she doesn't want one.

We've never purchased a soda card--now if they had a beer card, that'd be a different story! On our last 10-day cruise, we bought 3 sodas-total!!! Iced tea or iced water was fine with most meals, and I found the lemonade to be pretty good. (Better than the tea, which was very strong and bitter.) If you want to drink juice during the day, just get a bunch at breakfast, and you should be good to go!

Do they have diet soda aboard?? or do you have to bring own??

Diet Coke is available on board. It is available on the soda card or you can purchase it individually. They also have Diet Sprite available, but only in the can. It is not available on the soda card, and can't always be found in every bar.

You found a very legimate problem with their docs. I think there are numerous ones.

The one that got my goat is documented in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=394760

They have also changed their beverage policy at least twice this year without prior notice and the documentation is always updated after the change and has everyone confused about what the policies are.

I bet there are many examples. It is a sympton of being a large corporation that is struggling with customer service IMHO.

We wil all still have great cruises once we take off our planning hats and put on our vacation hats (like Tracy's pink one, hee hee)

Diet Coke is available on board. It is available on the soda card or you can purchase it individually. They also have Diet Sprite available, but only in the can. It is not available on the soda card, and can't always be found in every bar.

Thank you, I was trying to figure if the soda card would be worth it. I think i'm doing it for my kids but not sure about us. Last year we just drank water, punch and lemonade (freebees) this year we're on diets so not sure--of course the foods another story. LOL:D

Thank you, I was trying to figure if the soda card would be worth it. I think i'm doing it for my kids but not sure about us. Last year we just drank water, punch and lemonade (freebees) this year we're on diets so not sure--of course the foods another story. LOL:D

If you don't want to drink Lemonade, iced tea is available and it doesn't have sugar in it. I'm restricted in what I can drink because I can't have corn syrup or caffeine, so the soda card has absolutely no value for me whatsoever.

Is the lemonade any good?

I could drink lemonade til my whole body puckers. (And it mixes nicely with lots alcohols that may have somehow made it on board).

Unsweetened tea is against the law here in georgia I believe.. or at least gets you looked at real funny. (yes thats a joke)

Archived