Pullman or Sofa Bed??

The sofabed may block the entrance to the balcony a bit when the sofa is opened up-you need to check the room diagram. We have had rooms where you can still get outside but have to climb over the person in the sofabed. Not easy when you want to carry breakfast tray outside. The worst is when we have had a rollaway. That blocked the way to the bathroom. I don't know how the pullman is situated.

definitely PULLMAN. My daughter has slept in our cabin since she was 13 and has always been in a pullman. During the day the bed is out of the way, and then the steward pulls it down during dinner. It is very comfortable, my husband (who is 6 ft 1) slept on it one night when my daughter was feeling sick and she slept in one of our twins, even he said it was fine. I have heard that the sofa bed matresses are not comfortable.

I have slept on a pullman just fine. Sofa bed seems to be hit or miss.

I would agree. While I've never slept on either, my kids have used both -- we've heard no complaints about the pullman, but the sofa bed is unpredictable. Sometimes it's just fine, sometimes they wind up sleeping on the floor instead.

I have a reservation with a room that has 2 pullmans. What is a pullman? Is it a cot? Or something attached to the wall?

Alviriv, the pullmans fold out of the wall, typically above the regular beds. During the day the steward folds them back into the wall, so they don't take up any space. When they're down, they kind of look like bunk beds, and there's a ladder so you can easily climb up and down.

I have heard that the sofa bed matresses are not comfortable.

'not comfortable' is putting it mildly. They are down right HORRIBLE!

It was the 4 of us in the room (me, DH and 2 DD) and I thought sleeping on the sofa bed would be OK...the shower would have been more comfortable for me...(guess where I didn't sleep??)

Archived