Can anyone recommend...

hammerinfrank

You might just request a table for two next to the balcony rail. These tables overlook the lower level of the dining roon. We also often sit in this area and have really enjoyed it.

I didn't realize that you could actually request a specific table in advance. How is that done if booking directly with HAL online? I assumed that you simply put in a request but there was no guarantee. We booked a June cruise in April and our original request was for a table for two but we were placed at a table for 8 and had to wait in line to talk with the Head Waiter. He said the shorter the time frame from booking to departure, the less likely you will get the table size and dining seating you want.

Please share how you can actually ask for a table by number!

I expect it would require a call to HAL's ship services office with your booking number handy. Perhaps they could help you or send you along to the person who could place the request for you.

As I recall, HAL will not guarantee the table, but more often than not, they are able to fill the request. At least that has been my experience.

However, the fact that we always request early upper level seating might have something to do with it. I understand most of the seating problems are with late seating where there are often more requests.

Hope this helps.

I expect it would require a call to HAL's ship services office with your booking number handy. Perhaps they could help you or send you along to the person who could place the request for you.

As I recall, HAL will not guarantee the table, but more often than not, they are able to fill the request. At least that has been my experience.

However, the fact that we always request early upper level seating might have something to do with it. I understand most of the seating problems are with late seating where there are often more requests.

Hope this helps.

I agree with this post....you can also e-mail ship services with your request. It can't hurt to ask by number no matter how late. What have you got to lose by asking?:)

You can call Ships Services and request a table by number. There is no guarantee you will get it though.

Remember to request appropriately to requested dining time. If you want the latest seating, you will have to be on lower level, for example.

Ships Services Telephone: 800-541-1576

Archived