Stringray City W/princess ,which One Best

go sea

We've done the Princess-sponsored Cat trip to SRC twice now in the last 2 years. There were about 20 people on one trip and about 30 on the other - not crowded at all. If they've made good time they'll cut the engines and sail back in to port - really nice and relaxing. I give the Cat trips a big thumbs up.

Bill

I would NEVER do Stingray City with Princess or with any other cruise line. It is a disaster, 200 lemming jumping off the back of a boat with little or no assistance.

Try Captain Marvins. Much better.

I agree, we loved Captain Marvins. Then suggested it to other friends and everyone has enjoyed it.

Anyone tell me which tour is the best at String Ray city?,Stringray sandbar on catamaran or Allura catamaran sail to SRC

To dive or snorkel.

We opted not to go to stingray city and instead to two 2 tank reef dives.

this past week we did Capt Bryans. We booked it ourselves online. A relaxing catamarin ride with just 20 people. We went to the stingrays and then 2 snorkel stops.

I recommend doing this on your own. Capt Bryans was a short walk from the pier.

Capt Bryans also... Had a blast!

We did the Sandbar tour last year and LOVED it.. there was no crowding and the extra money was well worth it for the guides, refreshments and convenience.. I think we'd do this one again if the are using the same company.. I don't mind spending more for quality and not a huge proponent of ship tours but we changed itins due to Hurr Rita. The locals who had boats out there were much more crowded..

We did Capn Bryan's catamaran on the 7/11 sailing and had a great time (except for the sunburn...oh well :p ). I would recommend it to everyone...the guides were nice and brought food for the stingrays to eat out of your hand. They were about 5 minutes walking time from the tenders.

I did Captain Marvin's last time, but have also done Nativeways. I would not do a ships excursion. The boat with the ship people on it had over 200 people on it and was a crowded mess. It was parked near us. I know it was the ships excurison, because there were people from our group on it.

Some of the Princess excursions are on smaller boats that hold 20-30 people. I took one of these, and it included a snorkeling stop further out at the reef. I got some great underwater photos there that included a green moray, nurse shark, barracuda, and lots of other fish. Stingray city was a total zoo, there had to be 400 people there, but it was fun to see once.

Any experience with Nativeways, trying to decide who to book with, we are going on the 9/12 sailing

Eileen

We booked with Nativeways last summer. We did the Rays, Reef, and Rum package. It was the highlight of our three port days. If I could have them to it differently, I would spend a little less time at SRC, a little more time snorkeling, and the same amount of time at the beach resort. The beach they took us to was spectacular. Very relaxing.

We too would vote for Captain Marven's - one of our best shore excursions in 7 cruises. We were able to get out and be with the stingrays and feed them, go snorkeling (in another location nearby) and watch the crew dive and harvest conch and we even got to keep the conch shell as a souvenier. Only about a dozen people on our boat but the vast majority have 50 to 60 people or more on a boat. Whoever you go with, make sure they have limited numbers of people - much more enjoyable and you'll get to see more.

Archived