Didn't expect full service, but...

Epperbiker

I would have thought that my online Travel Agency could take my money! We have used a popular online agency for our last cruise with Disney and our upcoming HAL cruise in November. I do a lot of my own research and have reaped vast amounts of information from these boards over the last year. We knew exactly what we wanted and didn't need a full service agent, but on both occasions with this agency we've had to make multiple calls to correct errors and to get our final payments applied correctly. The price on our two S Suites was fantastic, but don't expect much in the way of customer service when booking with xxxxx.

I would have thought that my online Travel Agency could take my money! We have used a popular online agency for our last cruise with Disney and our upcoming HAL cruise in November. I do a lot of my own research and have reaped vast amounts of information from these boards over the last year. We knew exactly what we wanted and didn't need a full service agent, but on both occasions with this agency we've had to make multiple calls to correct errors and to get our final payments applied correctly. The price on our two S Suites was fantastic, but don't expect much in the way of customer service when booking with xxxxxx.

Could have just been an oversight......but it does give one pause about assuming reliability of advertized agencies here.

Not that it helps you any at this point, but my favorite online TA (does not advertise here) has succeeded in keeping my bookings "ship shape":)

We still believe in using a TA that we can talk to personally either by phone or in person.

Yes, I know what you mean. Actually, we do have a specific person to contact by phone, and did so this past Wednesday. We provided everything at that time to process our final payment which was due to Holland America on August 27th. We were assured all was complete, but contacted the TA when we still hadn't received confirmation emails on Saturday. Sure enough, payment had not been made and the agent on the phone was less than accommodating, stating that "he had calls backing up". Our previous booking with xxxxxx resulted in the same frustration, but we assumed it was a fluke. Oh well, hopefully it will all be ironed out by the end of the day and we can look forward to our week on the Veendam!

Hi,

I used the Agency you named last year for my Zuiderdam October cruise. I,m from the UK and they handled everything with great professionalism. Like most things in life you have to take as you find. For this years cruise I went with another US online agency who undercut every one else by a substantial amount. I think you have to keep in mind that you are getting the lowest possible prices because you have to do some of the donkey work yourself. If you want a service with all the bells and whistles there is a premium to pay.

Bob

I'm sorry but I had to edit out the name of the agency. The reason is that we do not permit agencies to post anything on our Boards which means that the agency identified by Epperbiker would not be permiitted to post a reply to explain its position.

Suffice it to say that a discussion of the suitability of using an on-line agency vs. a "brick and mortar" (live person) agency is appropriate, but a discussion of the successes and failures of specifically identified agencies of any kind is not permitted.

Thanks for your understanding.

In fairness, we've booked our cruises with popular onine agencies and have had wonderful service, far superior to the brick and mortar places we visited. Sadly, with both online and brick and mortar agencies, you have to kiss a few frogs...

Archived