Cruise card for toddler?

byrdbrain55

I am traveling with a large group of people, among them being my nephew who will be almost 16 months old. My sister is wondering if he will have his own cruise card and if so, will it have the ability to charge things to the shipboard account.

Before everyone laughs about a 16-month old using a shipboard account, the concern is that if it is lost someone else may be able to use it since he is too small to sign the back of it.

Any ideas?

Erin

The baby needs a card as they are scanned each time each pax leaves and reboards the ship. That is how they know if everyone is aboard when it is time to sail.

Mom/Dad/whoever obviously will hold the card.

Should any mysterious charge appear on their bill......it should be easy enough to straighten out the error.

Before everyone laughs about a 16-month old using a shipboard account, the concern is that if it is lost someone else may be able to use it since he is too small to sign the back of it.

I don't remember signing the cruise card, like the back of a credit card. But I could be wrong. It's been known to happen. :eek: :D

Each time a purchase is made, when the card is swiped, your picture shows up on the computer screen. It that photo doesn't match you, the person standing in front of the sales clerk, bar tender, photo shop attendant, etc, there's a tip-off that there's a problem with the card.

Thank you Sail7Seas for the information.

I was aware that he would need a card to get on and off the ship, although getting him to look into the little box for his picture, I'm not so sure about. We weren't planning on allowing him to hold onto his own card, the concern was IF it happened to get lost, could someone charge on it? It sounds like they will just need to ask that HAL flag his card so charges cannot be made.

Thanks again for the advice. I will let my sister and brother-in-law know what to ask for when we embark.

Erin

I wouldn't think there is any more risk of his card getting lost than anyone else's, is there?

Mom and Dad will each have a card and a third for baby.

I don't think there is anything for them to worry about in terms of charges....anymore than they worry about charges if Mom or Dad's card was lost.

All they would have to do is notify the office and have it replaced.

They won't be saddled with all sorts of charges that someone else might try to place against a lost card.

Relax and have a great cruise. Don't worry.

Archived