Anyone know the weight limit on Princess' balconies?

CaribbeanCruisers

I saw a VERY interesting program on Travel Channel a while back...How they constructed one of the Royal Carib ships..It was fascinating. I believe they showed how the balcony actually was an "extension" of the cabin,,,not bolted or hammered and nailed in after the fact...Everything is modular...The entire cabin is "dropped into the slot of the frame"..The jutting out balcony part was already there as part of the ship construction..Not to worry...

Thanks for all the answers, everyone...

Jennew, In response to your comment - It was an honest question and I was looking for honest answers. In all the cruises I have been on I have never been on a balcony so I really had no clue. And, if you don't know an answer to something, you ask. It's that simple.

Anything that is suspended in air has some sort of weight limit. I didn't want to have pictures taken on the balcony of all of us not knowing the limit, and wondering all the while! Otherwise we'd all look like this in the photos ----->:eek::confused: :eek::confused::eek:

Thanks again CC!

Courtney

I have to admit I thought the thread title was strange.... Thinking what on earth is this person thinking about putting on the balcony???... Never even thought it might be people!!

You are right, if you dont know a answer and have a concern, then you should ask the question... I am gald you got answers.

I thought it was an excellent question, especially after our hometown has had two major deck collapses in the past year. Tons of people injured! They were taking pictures at family reunions. One victim says she was taking the photo of her group. She looked at the group, and then looked into the viewfinder and everyone was gone, then she went! :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

Archived