Proposed New Pinnacle Tipping Policy

SnorkelBear

I think I have come up with a solution to the Pinnacle Grill tipping confusion. Everyone steps on a scale on the way in and again on the way out. You then tip according to how much weight you gained. The more you eat and drink, the harder the servers work and the more they get tipped. The 15% gratuity on beverages will be removed because wine and drinks are fairly heavy. What do you think? Maybe $5.00 per pound.

Obviously, some rules will have to apply.

No using the facilities unless you weigh out and back in with the net loss being added to your tab.

No carrying in heavy items in your pocket to leave under the table when you leave. No one likes a cheater.

Anyone caught cheating will be chastised, humiliated and forced to walk the plank. But first, they will be forced to do Karaoke poolside for a whole day. That should discourage cheating.

This may become so popular it could be used in other venues onboard.

Please provide any helpful suggestions or tips. (Pun intended.):D

Oh Bear. You really have to let your fixation with the PG tip thing go. You have yet to weigh in on the "unusual things to bring along on a cruise" thread.

Your talents are needed elsewhere. For crying outloud, get in the game:)

Snorklebear,

Thank you for your wisdom sage friend to the CC boards. On your recommendation in another thread, I have just reviewed the tipping/ice bucket/and hor’ds threads. Wow! I am now enlightened. I discovered certain truths! I’ve over tipped and never thought any other passenger would care. I’ve never thought twice about the size of the ice bucket in my cabin. I have never gone hungry on a cruise despite the lack of fried tidbits before a five course dinner. I’ve been living in a fool’s paradise. I must make amends before it is too late. Can’t waste anymore time writing I must run out and buy an inflatable ice bucket for my upcoming cruise…

Hey. Look here Copper. This is how it is you see. I just make this stuff look easy. It's hard, I tell ya, it's hard.

That sounds funnier in my head with the little cartoon gangster voice.

Never discourage hugs and kisses. There should be more of each on this planet. Also, how you coming along with those dancing girls?

Hugs and kisses right back at you "Mom".

You're handing 'em out kinda easy, aren't you Mom? :rolleyes:

Copper, I loved your mind first;). Dikke zoenen ook voor jou:) xxxxxooooo(hope I got that right, big kisses for you, too)

OK, enough deviation here, let's get back to serious cruising business:eek:

Okidoki; I'm a happy camper now, dankuwel moeder van middelbare leeftijd/Midde-aged Mom!;)

Bear, you're OK in my book! Sometimes crying works (except for guys):rolleyes: The dancing girls aren't cooperating, something about wanting an agent in order to appear

Back to the original topic with appologies!

I think I have come up with a solution to the Pinnacle Grill tipping confusion. Everyone steps on a scale on the way in and again on the way out. You then tip according to how much weight you gained. The more you eat and drink, the harder the servers work and the more they get tipped. The 15% gratuity on beverages will be removed because wine and drinks are fairly heavy. What do you think? Maybe $5.00 per pound.

Obviously, some rules will have to apply.

No using the facilities unless you weigh out and back in with the net loss being added to your tab.

No carrying in heavy items in your pocket to leave under the table when you leave. No one likes a cheater.

Anyone caught cheating will be chastised, humiliated and forced to walk the plank. But first, they will be forced to do Karaoke poolside for a whole day. That should discourage cheating.

This may become so popular it could be used in other venues onboard.

Shorkelbear - in some cases, people who may be "forced to do Karaoke poolside for a whole day" may make others eager to be be the first to "walk the plank".

Snorklebear,

Thank you for your wisdom sage friend to the CC boards. On your recommendation in another thread, I have just reviewed the tipping/ice bucket/and hor’ds threads. Wow! I am now enlightened. I discovered certain truths! I’ve over tipped and never thought any other passenger would care. I’ve never thought twice about the size of the ice bucket in my cabin. I have never gone hungry on a cruise despite the lack of fried tidbits before a five course dinner. I’ve been living in a fool’s paradise. I must make amends before it is too late. Can’t waste anymore time writing I must run out and buy an inflatable ice bucket for my upcoming cruise…

Waterbug and Snorkle Bear. Times a wastin. We have hallway carpet color issues to resolve.Let's get with the program:)

Now, this is what I was looking for. Cruisers, working together, making the seas a happier, better place. I think we need to drop the skaraoke part. Does anyone have any suggestions to replace the skaraoke punishment? Maybe they should be forced to patrol that scary, dark deck way up high on the ship, at night, to make sure all is well, and there is nothing happening that could not be shown on the Disney Channel. Any other ideas?

Well, Hello Hammy.

Theres nothing funny about carpet. Did you ever get a really bad carpet burn? Ouchie momma! I never looked the same in a Speedo after that. Besides I did post on that thread, but apparently I got it wrong. Must of had too much fun on that cruise, but I always found my way back to my cabin. I think. Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Shorkelbear - in some cases, people who may be "forced to do Karaoke poolside for a whole day" may make others eager to be be the first to "walk the plank".

Uh, yeah.

Schnorkey - exactly who you tryin' to punish with that karaoke? How about if cheaters aren't allowed to have deck chairs? You just know that they are also chair hogs who leave a book, or towel, or drink, or baby to mark a chair by the pool & then disappear for 6 hours.

Nita - right there with ya - no one, I mean, NO ONE, sees my scale.

Ah, the ancient oriental art of Ti’Ping!! I have spent many hours at the feet of the masters trying to discern the meaning and here, SnorkelBear has provided enlightened guidance. :) (Those hours at the feet have ruined my olfactory nerves) At the "Top" one must always Focus and Balance grasshopper!!!

:D Thanks SnorkelBear…… ;)

Jim, shootin from the hip! On the contrary though, some peple do not know you have to push on the side of the cow. If you push on the rear they don't tip over, and they can get down right cranky with you. Just in case, always pick on the slow cow.

Thanks all for having fun. I told you it wouldn't hurt much. So turn that frown upside down and spread some cheer.:D

Archived