Condition fo the Royal Suites on the Infinity

B-HQC

I have heard pretty disgusting stories regarding the Royal Suites on this ship, especially with regards to the jacuzzi, on top of the persistent pod issues.

I just want to know

a. is there any truth to the rumors about the poor condition of the Royal Suites?

b. is the pod problems likely to be fixed by next summer (Alaska)? What actually is the chance of your cruise being disrupted?

I have heard pretty disgusting stories regarding the Royal Suites on this ship, especially with regards to the jacuzzi, on top of the persistent pod issues.

I just want to know

a. is there any truth to the rumors about the poor condition of the Royal Suites?

b. is the pod problems likely to be fixed by next summer (Alaska)? What actually is the chance of your cruise being disrupted?

A.) IMO - No.

B.1) Permanently, No, IMO .... B.2) Minimal

We have a Royal Suite on Infinity for our cruise which embarks in Vancouver this coming Sunday for a 10 night cruise to Alaska.

This will be our first RS on a M class vessel, as our previous five Royal Suites have been all on C class vessels. On our last cruise on Mercury, our butler raved about the Royal Suites on M class vessels. [since it was our second RS on Mercury, we did notice that it had been completely refurbished.]

Will let you know on our return.

We have a Royal Suite on Infinity for our cruise which embarks in Vancouver this coming Sunday for a 10 night cruise to Alaska.

This will be our first RS on a M class vessel, as our previous five Royal Suites have been all on C class vessels. On our last cruise on Mercury, our butler raved about the Royal Suites on M class vessels. [since it was our second RS on Mercury, we did notice that it had been completely refurbished.]

Will let you know on our return.

Charlie,

I think your butler was right. The RS on the Mercury was nice, but the RS on the Constellation was really nice. The balcony alone was 195 square feet and the bathroom is huge with a large jacuzzi.

I think they are very close in total square footage, but the M class RS feels much larger.

Enjoy it!

Susan

I have sailed RS on both Mercury and M-Class ships. Each have their advantage.

The RS on Infinity is in no way what I would ever consider - "disgusting".

The RS's have not been refurbished and they do show some wear but I guess I am showing some wear also.

If you are looking for a brand new shinny jacuzzi your not going to find one. The one on the deck shows signs of corrosion as you would expect of anything that is under constant salt water attack. If I were to get down and inspect close up like the photos I saw posting I would say you may see some darkening of caulk around tubs and corrosion but my bath and room were kept impeccably clean.

I would expect the same conditions in a 5 year old hotel in a tropic city.

Jim

I would agree with Jim. We just returned last week from Infinity (CC aft) and took a tour around the various rooms on Sunday morning before we departed comparing rooms for our next cruise (we had CC aft very back).

We went through the Royal Suites and I certainly would not class them "disgusting". Considering that since 2001 these cabins are used 24/7 for most of the year - it is to be expected that there will be some wear showing.

IMHO I wouldn't hesitate in booking a RS.

I can't speak to the condition of the Royal Suite on the Infinity but the one we had on the Millennium in June of this year did need to be refurbished.

I was surprised given the amount of money the suites cost that they are not kept in "pristine" condition. It would be easy for Celebrity to be continually changing out worn bedding, draperies, sofas, deck chairs, etc. However, I don't believe that the suites are updated any more frequently than the other staterooms. Based on my experience, (we cruise Celebrity almost exclusively ...although if I could find another line with similar itineraries, I would certainly try them out) I don't think they replace the soft goods in the staterooms as often as they should.

Celebrity excels in alot of areas, food, itineraries, overall service, and variety of shore excursions. Also, all of the public areas seem to be well maintained.

A final thought ....while I was admittedly a little disappointed with the condition of the Royal Suite, I did not consider it disgusting by any means. We had a fantastic cruise ...one I would take again in a heartbeat (we cruised Barcelona to Venice ...absolutely spectacular).

The was clean but did show signs of age.

You will have a fantastic time ...go and enjoy!

Nancy

Archived