Majesty of the Seas - Secrets/Suggestions/Tips?

airlinerob

Hey there!

I'm going on the Majesty of the Seas on October 9th for the first time. Does anyone have any "Majesty of the Seas" secrets?

I know that each ship has secret things and special tips, etc.

Can you share them with me?

Thanks.

Rob

After you get on (4th deck) go to the right, you will find eight wood panels. On the sixth one, there is a small knot in the upper left corner. Press it and the panel will open to a secret area filled with treasures. (Don't tell anyone else though.)

Rob,

Hey there I am going on the Majesty of The Seas 9-11-2006. I'll come back and tell you all that I find out when I come back. I do appericate it when people give me good advise about the ships I cruise on. This will be my first on Royal Caribbean, so I'll be ready to learn all the ins and outs out this ship.

I usually travel on carnival and really appericate it when some one told me about the secert door. It ended up being a great place to hangout and relax. So if your ever on the Carnival Triumph...deck 6th all the way to the front on the ship a great place to relax.

Shan9700:)

One of my favorite spots on Majesty of the Seas which is inside would be the library. It is a quiet place and relatively private. Unfortuantely, when the ship has its refitting in January of 2007, that wonderful library will be turned into a conference room. What a shame!

Coco Cay is a great relaxing place to spend several hours. Check out one of the hammocks located under palm trees. When you get on the tender boat to return to the ship, try to get a seat on the top because they deboard the top level first. If you are in the bottom, you will have a long wait while the tender boat rocks on the waves.

Have a great cruise.

After you get on (4th deck) go to the right, you will find eight wood panels. On the sixth one, there is a small knot in the upper left corner. Press it and the panel will open to a secret area filled with treasures. (Don't tell anyone else though.)

Got a kick out of that one. :D

If you want peace and quiet with a great view and a nice atmosphere, the Viking Crown Lounge is empty much of the day, sometimes with free hot dogs and other munchies set up.

Don't miss the free soft ice cream machine just outside of the Windjammer.

The best time for the pool area is while the ship is docked in Nassau--possibly the least interesting port in the Caribbean. On the other hand, Cococay is a worthwhile beach day, if the weather cooperates.

Les

I definitely agree that the Viking Lounge is a good "hang out" place. When we were in Key West on the Majesty of the Seas in February it was bitter cold, believe it or not. We stayed in the Viking Lounge to watch the ship leave port rather than freeze out on the upper deck as we usually do. We had an excellent view and were very comfortable.

If you go all the way to the back of the ship and start taking the staircases http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/majesty_of_the_seas/p1010150.html down you will come across this spot...... http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/majesty_of_the_seas/p1010149.html

It was the most quiet place on the ship. I loved bringing a drink there and watching the sunset, or watching the port of call dissapear into the horizon.

:D lol, funny. I luv when people are funny on here, hiliarious.

Anyways I'm going on the Majesty Sept. 11 and hope I find some secret things myself.

Yea, me!

Hey there!

I'm going on the Majesty of the Seas on October 9th for the first time. Does anyone have any "Majesty of the Seas" secrets?

I know that each ship has secret things and special tips, etc.

Can you share them with me?

Thanks.

Rob

Hey Rob! We're on the same cruise with you and are very much looking forward to it.

We were on deck three last year but are on deck six this year.

This ship is not as elaborate as the bigger ships but is still in great shape. The cabins are smaller and the TV's (in the cabin) are definitely smaller than I expected. We never spend much time in our cabin so we're doing an inside this time.

I highly recommend the show "Boogie Nights" as it is the best we've seen, presuming that's the show still being performed.

We did notice a sewage smell when getting of the elevators on deck three, however it went away the further away from the elevators you went. Hopefully they've fixed that problem.

Food was OK..not great. Cococay is my favorite place on Earth. They serve a great B-Bque there. Don't listen to the other poster about those Hammocks though, they aren't very comfortable at all. hehe..(also my fav place on earth) You have to try the Cocoloco's on Cococay...mmmm.

You will have a blast!

When you get on board and go to the Windjammer there is both an outdoor area and an indoor area where you can get your food and eat. You have to walk through the outdoor area first and then you will go inside. Once in there, you can get your food and walk all around looking for a window seat. There probably won't be one.

But...if you go upstairs, which for some reason no one notices when they first board, you will find another whole dining area and probably no one will be sitting there. You can have your choice of tables. And you will have a waiter to yourself who will be very nice and friendly if you choose to strike up a conversation.

If you get on board late, some cruisers may have finally found this area.

This will only be until they refurbish the ship.

The other idea about the library is correct. This library rarely has anyone in it. But on my last Majesty cruise it was closed off for a wedding reception one day. The library is larger and more well stocked than on any cruise ship I've been on. It's nicer than some school libraries. But it is so underutilized which is why they must be getting rid of it during the refurbishment.

The champagne bar is nicely located off of the centrum and rarely crowded.

The viking crown lounge has always been nice and relaxing when I've been there...unlike when I went there on Enchantment and there was a big loud dance party going on.

I really like the Majesty of the Seas. I'm sure you will, too.

I guess it's OK to let the secret out now about where to sit in the Windjammer since it's not going to be designed this way much longer. Or maybe the floor plan will be left intact. If so, don't tell anyone else about this. :)

We have sailed MOS three times and loved it.

taxatty mentioned the Viking Crown Lounge. One of the best times to visit is while the ship is leaving Nassau. Take seats by the "ship's wheel" and watch the process of exiting the port. VCL hasn't been crowded most times I've visited, but sometime's events are planned there to which you are not invited (like weddings). Just remember to respect that and all will be ok.

Enjoy your cruise.

Does anyone know how obstructed deck 8 oceanview cabins are ? According to RCI they are obstructed but they wont really say much. I am going to book the Nov 17 sailing and there is a good price on these cabins but im just wondering if its "so" obstructed that its not worth the extra cash and I might as well get an interior cabin.

Does anyone know how obstructed deck 8 oceanview cabins are ? According to RCI they are obstructed but they wont really say much. I am going to book the Nov 17 sailing and there is a good price on these cabins but im just wondering if its "so" obstructed that its not worth the extra cash and I might as well get an interior cabin.

I've been told by other CC posters (not the RCI customer service, since they know nothing) that the windows are partially obstructed. That the obstruction is a lifeboat and that you would still be able to see the ocean either below the lifeboat or above it. I'm in an obstructed room myself on the MOS and was told my room has a 25% obstruction of a lifeboat.

Hope this helps.

Airlinerob and Tralynn222,

Hi rob, traci & Vinny Glad to see some others will be on this cruise, The roll call I see is not much used for shorter cruises. What shame.

Will be our first with RCL.

To all thanks for info.

Paul

Carnival Valor NOV 26 2006 Western Carib.

RCL Majesty OCT 9 2006 Bahamas

Golden Princess DEC 2005 Southern Carib.

NCL Sky DEC 2003 Eastern Carib.

NCL Sky MAY 2003 Alaska

I've been told by other CC posters (not the RCI customer service, since they know nothing) that the windows are partially obstructed. That the obstruction is a lifeboat and that you would still be able to see the ocean either below the lifeboat or above it. I'm in an obstructed room myself on the MOS and was told my room has a 25% obstruction of a lifeboat.

Hope this helps.

Thanks , just booked it !!!!...who cares about a little obstruction anyway, I wont be in the cabin that much on a 3 niter.....and its still probably better than an inside especially for only $30 more pp. Cant wait !!!

Hi Rob, Traci, Vinny, and Paul,

We will be on Oct 9 Majesty cruise,too.

Hope to meet up with all of you on board.

I remember from our Adventure Of The Seas cruise that the Viking lounge that overlooks the main pool was a super place to hang out. They usually had a band playing and we could relax with a few drinks before dinner.

Do anyone know if there is a similar lounge on Majesty?

Jorge and Leatha

We were on the Majesty of the seas for the Labor Day weekend 9/1 - 9/4/06 -- We were a group of 8 people and were very dissapointed with the ship. We went to the Viking Lounge one night and they had a great Country singer. We got up there around 11:45pm. He quit singing at midnight and the bar sevice stops at midnight. Yes, it was a quite place to sit and relax, but I wanted to listen to music and have a few drinks. The tables in the bar areas were always dirty and they didn't empty the ash trays. This was my 4th cruise on Royal Caribbean and my 14th cruise total. This was the first I was dissapointed in.

I hope they clean up their act by the time you go. One positive note, we had great service in the dinning room and thought the food was very good. At the Winjammer it was only average, but OK.

But we still enjoyed each others company and had a good vacation. It is only as good as each one of us make it.

6 weeks from today I will be on the Enchantment. :cool:

Irene

Archived