Port Carnaveral Advice

rhodog

My wife, 3 kids (23,15 and 12) and I plan to sail August 2007 on Carnival Glory. However, my wife would like to go to Walt Disney in Orlando(pre-cruise) . We plan to drive to Florida two days before the cruise. She I get a hotel in Orlando the first day and go to Disney, or stay in Cape Carnaveral both days and drive up to Disney on one? Also, are there any Disney discount tickets?

Howdy rhodog!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Help Forum! 04.gif

I fully understand your need to know more information. However, you have posted on the Help Forum where members find information about how to use Cruise Critic's software. This is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic. 05.gif

Per the Community Guidelines and to help you out, I have moved your thread to the North American Homeports - East Coast Departures Forum where it will be on topic. I hope you will be able to find it in the new location! Your fellow Cruise Critic members should be able to help you with more information there.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

If the Orlando hotels are like the ones here in Anaheim, California for Disneyland, you might be able to get a package deal; hotel which include park passes. Maybe check the Disney website. Another recommendation since you're traveling in August with a family would be travel insurance. Check out Insuremytrip.com Have fun planning.

If you're a AAA member there are discounts on certain types of passes. Savings are not big with Disney. The idea to check on a room package at WDW is worthwhile.

Where to stay? Assuming you don't buy a Disney package, I'd recommend you stay in the Orlando/WDW area. Spend both nights here so that you don't have to go very far after long hot days in the parks. Then drive over to Port Canaveral the morning of your cruise. It's only a 1-hour drive from WDW to Port Canaveral so you have plenty of time to head over and boarding doesn't usually begin until around Noon anyway.

BobK/Orlando

I would also recommend staying in Orlando if you plan to visit the parks pre-cruise. We stayed at the Doubletree WDW, which is within the resort area. They did not discount the park tickets but they did upgrade our ticket package to no expiration date. (not that it mattered since we only purchased 4 day park hoppers!)

Check the Disneyworld website for package deals for hotel and attraction tickets. I notice it is cheaper to combine their hotel with the tickets but you do pay more to stay at a Disney hotel.

Enjoy your family vacation!

If you are military, retired military, or DOD employee try the Shades of Green Hotel at WDW. It is run by the Army and has some pretty good deals.

Reservists are also eligible. We love SOG location and their cost. There are tons of hotels in the Orlando area that are not that expensive compared to WDW properties, but for convenience we stay at SOG whenever we go. As far as I know you can't get Disney "discount" tickets anywhere else legally. If you meet the eligibility to stay at SOG you can purchase your tickets there without paying taxes which makes them less expensive. I suggest going to Disboards here:

http://www.disboards.com/

and checking their info.

Archived