Princess going to e-tickets

calikak

Just logged on to My Princess and sure enough "Print Boarding Pass" is there. We're cruising Nov 19th and final payment day was today.

Check in was pretty fast already, I wonder how much this will speed it up?

Scott

Where is the "print boarding pass" in the my princess area? Do you have to go to your personalizer first for your particular cruise?

Yes, it is on the right hand side of your Personalizer, but its only supposed to show up after you have made final payment.

Thanks, I was just curious. We're on the 11/4 Crown sailing which is before the eticket date of Princess so it's not on ours.

Oh great - I am on the 11/18 sailing of the Grand. This means that when trying to check in for the cruise no one will have any experience in processing the electronic documents...

But other than reducing the need for Princess to mail the paper documents -- how and why would providing the documents electronically speed up the check in process? We aren't going to be checking in online, only printing the documents. I think the check in will take the same amount of time (except for those of us lucky to be going first...)

DH and I are excited about this. We've been having "issues" with our post office about our mail. We were lucky we even got our tickets the last time.

Your mail carrier must then get on the 118 and to our neighborhood to cause problems here. He even harassed everyone on the street about parking cars near the mailboxes.

But other than reducing the need for Princess to mail the paper documents -- how and why would providing the documents electronically speed up the check in process? We aren't going to be checking in online, only printing the documents. I think the check in will take the same amount of time (except for those of us lucky to be going first...)

I agree. This will not speed up the check-in process. You still have to provide your credit card for an imprint and show your passport. You still need to sign the "sign and sail" document.

The only thing this will do is save the cruise line paper and mailings, which in my opinion is a good thing.

Rob

How long will it be before they follow the example of the airlines and charge extra if you want them to mail your documents? :( I just find it ironic that the same line that doesn't see a savings by introducing interactive TVs on their ships so that they could reduce the number of account summaries that they have to print, has decided that the majority of its passengers are computer literate and have easy access to computers and printers that it makes sense to convert to e-documents. I guess that those who say that they don't see any reason to be able to check their onboard accounts on their in-room tvs, will now praise their favorite line for this new way of distributing cruise documents.:rolleyes:

Archived