Hypothetical question

Mustang349

Why do I suspect this question isn't altogether hypothetical? :confused:

My best guess is that HAL would consider this a cancellation and a new booking. There is a statement somewhere in HAL's fine print that a "change of name" is just that---and it's not covered under the original $$$$$.

(I'm not sure how a "change of name" when it's immediately following a wedding would work. Would love to find out, though. ;) I'll post if I ever do. :rolleyes: )

What if you have to cancel your cruise inside the 75 day window and for some reason your insurance will not cover it?.

if its something that the insurance wont cover then maybe hal wont offer any considerations either----- suggest you speak with your ta about it

RuthC I finally found out at the ripe old age of 42 about name changes after wedding in regards to booked cruise. :D I was just told to bring my marriage license, and it turned out they never even looked at it! (and I was so happy to finally have one, too! lol)

RuthC I finally found out at the ripe old age of 42 about name changes after wedding in regards to booked cruise. :D I was just told to bring my marriage license, and it turned out they never even looked at it! (and I was so happy to finally have one, too! lol)

Welcome to the "Better chance to get hit by a truck than get married" club!!! :D I was 43. Had to bring my marriage license and my passport with my maiden name, but like you no one questionned us. Maybe my grin was so wide they somehow figured it out???;)

Even though I think everyone is correct about HAL's policy, I still don't think it's quite fair. If I have tickets to a concert and I can't go, I get to give them to a friend, sell them, whatever. I think it really would be nice that if your canceling within a certain timeframe that you should be able to do the same if you're canceling a cruise.

But I know that's not going to happen:o . Can't you just see the scalpers at the cruise ship terminal??? LOL!

I have read this 3 times and am still laughing.

:D ... it is funny, isn't it? But it was true at least at the time I got married ... not so much anymore. At that time they told us that if you reach 40 there is more likelihood you'll get run over by a truck than get married.

I think it's the only time in my life I defied the odds and went for it!!! Well, worth it I might add;)

Why do I suspect this question isn't altogether hypothetical? :confused:

My best guess is that HAL would consider this a cancellation and a new booking. There is a statement somewhere in HAL's fine print that a "change of name" is just that---and it's not covered under the original $$$$$.

(I'm not sure how a "change of name" when it's immediately following a wedding would work. Would love to find out, though. ;) I'll post if I ever do. :rolleyes: )

I'm gertting married in November and taking our honeymoon cruise with HAL in December. We booked the cruise under my future name and bring my marraige license, my passport (with my maiden name) and my drivers license with my new last name...lots of documentation.

Archived