Westerdam stateroom assignment

MikeinSA

I just checked the HAL immigration page and found they have posted my stateroom for my September 24th 21 day Panama canal cruise. I booked a VF guarantee (my first guarantee ever). My stateroom will be VB6132, so I am assuming I received at least a minor upgrade from a VF to a VB. Can anyone tell me about a VB stateroom? I know most of the staterooms in this class are the same, but I'm a little concerned about the lower panel on the balcony. I have heard on this board that some balconies have a solid steel panel beneath the rail and others have clear Plexiglas. Has anyone else stayed in this area of the ship? Any information would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Hi Mike

The cabins with the steel bulkhead verandahs are the 1st few on Upper Promenade deck. I see your cabin is on Upper Verandah deck,and in the aft section. You'll have the plexiglass, so no worries there.

I stayed in a bulkhead veranda cabin once (4007) and had no problem.

Enjoy the "ditch" !! You'll love it!

:)

Mike - they must have allocated staterooms last night because mine was listed this morning ( 6061 )

You will enjoy the VB cabin that you were assigned - its also in a good position on the ship ( convenient to the Lido, Dinning Room and aft pool )

See you at our get together CC party in 11 days.

Ron

Archived