18-21 year olds on crown princess ? ? ?

jetsfan526

first off, im going on a cruise on october 9-18 on the crown princess. i just had a question about the cruise ship and was hoping 4 some help

as a member of this age group...i feel as though i might be stuck in the middle not being able to do anything on the cruise... the kids program are up to age 17 and drinking + gambling starts from age 21...i guess all i can do is hit the clubs every night?

but there has to be something for the kids in our age group ? ? ?

is there anything special for those who are older than the teen programs, but still too young to drink or gamble?

im asking this to all the 18-21 year olds who went on the cruise or family members of those who are in the same age group for a little help...

i have a feeling that i might have the worst cruise out of everyone in my family....:(

thanx in advance, and i hope someone can give me some good news

You are likely to meet other people on board in your age group. Don't be shy about introducing yourself. Remember a vacation is only what you make of it. You are undoubtedly hanging out with your family and will be dining with them, going to the pool with them, hanging out at the hottubs, etc. You will meet people your age in these places. My 18 year old son met some nice teens on our last cruise and ended up hanging out with them in their cabins. He had a good time. I am sure if you are well behaved no one is going to make a fuss if you are in the bar and dance floor area. There are movies on board, a gym, a spa and other activities everyday for adults that you will be able to participate in.

I was on the Crown in July and I just turned 21 in June. I don't gamble or drink. You can always email or IM me at foreternity7@aol.com for more info...

Definitely don't go into the cruise thinking you'll have a bad time, cause then you probably will. It's perfectly possible to have a great time! What kind of things do you like to do? Personally, I love sleeping in...so I do that most days. Then usually try to lay out on deck for a couple of hours. The Crown had a lot of pools games at the one pool everyday. Can be fun to watch, or participate if you like that type of thing. Or just get a tan! They also have a band that plays there.

As for nightlife... the "it" place for 18-25 or so was Skywalkers. Good crowd most every night. The dj played too much remix stuff and not enough hip hop in my opinion :) lol but I still had a great time. Club Fusion had a lot of karaoke which was pretty fun on our voyage anyway. They had some good dancing too, but more of an adult group (ballroom dancing for a lot of it--swing, salsa, merengue, even disco). If you happen to enjoy that...you can do it there, but they also have dance lessons on all sea days.

Of course there are always shows in the theater. I heard the comedian was GREAT, although never saw him myself. Only went to one show, and it was one of the production shows. I never like those much. Just check the patter every day and see what's going on.

There is MUTS (movies under the stars) up on deck too. A few good movies. Some really weird ones too.

I think they had a few get togethers for that age group....not 100% sure though.

My best advice....meet people! I never really have on cruises before this one. And it was the funnest cruise I've been on. Even just sitting around talking on deck...or in the piazza with the best cookies ever haha....can be great with cool people. Again, email me if you have any questions. You'll have a great time!

Whats your definition of "Special" ? I"m in my 50's and I don't recall anything on the Cruise that is "Special" in the sense of "specially for me". Everyone gets to enjoy everything on a cruise. The only thing you would be excluded from is the same things you would be excluded from on dry land. So that lets gambling and drinking out. But other than that, you'll have just as much to do as anyone else on board. Enjoy your cruise, eat well, make friends, read a good book:)

i know of all the stuff i can do, but its a 9 day cruise and if i go clubbing every night ill be wiped out halfway through the trip... i was just wondering if they had anything special for kids in my age group...

honestly? not really. the 18-20s are the orphans on princess. if you're lucky and there's a good number of you on board, there will be a meet and mingle kind of get together on the first or second night.. don't miss it, because it will be the only coordinated activity for your age group..

anno

My son loved cruising when he was eight but was less enthusiastic as the years went on. So I had to have another child! Just kidding.

I have an eighteen year old that now has zero interest in cruising. It is a difficult age.

My six year old still loves it. I will probably keep cruising with him until he gets tired of the Kid's Club.

Then I'll retire to my Villa in Italy (yes, I am dreaming!)

For me the advantage to cruising over other vacations is the babysitting that allows me to truly relax.

But once my kids loose interest, I'll probably switch to different types of travel- more educational like Europe by land, etc.

i have a feeling that i might have the worst cruise out of everyone in my family....:(

Good Greif! You are getting to go on a cruise for goodness sakes. You are getting to see the world, go to shows, and eat like a king for 9 days. But that is not good enough? :confused:

Would you like some cheese with your whine. :cool:

I guess it all boils down to spending time with your family. Thats what family vacations are all about. It may be hard to do when you're 18 ish, but cherish it, remember it, and above all enjoy it while you can. Memorys are the only thing in life that can't be taken away from you:)

Bring that attitude aboard and you will have a terrible time...:)

Come aboard looking to meet people, see new places, have great food.......looking for a good time.......and more than likely you will find a great time......:)

Its the latitude of the attitude.....:)

18 year olds would much rather stay home and have the house to themselves! I know mine would. Next summer my father has invited me and my two sons to go on a 12 day Meditteranean cruise. My older son doesn't want to go! He said Grandpa should save the money because it isn't he can think of better ways to see Europe.

So, I just decided to leave him home. He probably would rather have parties at the house while I am gone! No sense in taking older kids- they really aren't into hanging out with the family at this age. They are more involved with girls and their friends.

18 year olds would much rather stay home and have the house to themselves! I know mine would. Next summer my father has invited me and my two sons to go on a 12 day Meditteranean cruise. My older son doesn't want to go! He said Grandpa should save the money because it isn't he can think of better ways to see Europe.

So, I just decided to leave him home. He probably would rather have parties at the house while I am gone! No sense in taking older kids- they really aren't into hanging out with the family at this age. They are more involved with girls and their friends.

Not necessarily true at all! Ya, a lot aren't big into spending time with family. Although that is still more 15-18 year olds than 18+. I love family vacations. I love travelling. The vast majority of my friends and people at my university for that matter would love to go on a trip like that. Even with the family.

I'm not saying anyone that age would like it. Many don't. But many do too, so don't say not to even bother taking them. There's no blanket statement for how to handle that age with family vacations. Every family has to decide for themselves what is best!

Hey jetsfan526 make sure you pop on over to the roll calls. We have a pretty good group there and will be more than happy to chat about your upcoming wonderful, exciting, fun-filled cruise.

By the way, as a jets fan (I guess), I read that they show some of the NFL games on the big screen. That could be fun. Looking forward to meeting you and your family.

Archived