Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Just received the Westin in Seattle

4 Star

7/24-7/25

$79.00

19.33 tax and fees

98.33 Total

I've never been to Seattle but often stay in Westins so I'm happy. This hotel on SPG site is $199 plus tax

Edited by mom23guys

Just received the Westin in Seattle

4 Star

7/24-7/25

$79.00

19.33 tax and fees

98.33 Total

I've never been to Seattle but often stay in Westins so I'm happy. This hotel on SPG site is $199 plus tax

You'll love the Westin over there in Seattle, it's still one of the most memorable hotels I've ever stayed at

Initial bid of $65 per night accepted on 3-1/2 star in San Pedro, CA

nights of 10/8 and 10/9/2009

Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor Hotel

Room $65 per night

Travel Insurance $5 per night

Taxes and fees $27.34

Total $167.34

Just before bidding on priceline, Crowne Plaza website showed best available rate of about $140 per night.

We're happy :) with 1st time bid on priceline.

Both in Seattle Area

Precruise - Hotel Vintage Park, $75, one night, 21 May

Post cruise - Residence Inn lake Union, $75, two nights, 29-31 May

Edited by rubytue

Weston Seattle $76 per night 8/6-8/8

Used biddingfortravel and then she banned me for no reason, I would NOT recommend that website, she has a nasty temper

Cathy

Edited by crazycath

I bid $65.00 for a 4* in Vancouver on 5/17/09 for Downtown Zone #4; bid rejected.

Today I added Downtown Zone #1, which has no 4* hotels,

bid $70.00 was accepted

Date of Winning Bid: 5/18/2009

Site: Priceline

Date of Vancouver Stay: 7/24/2009 (checkout 7/25/2009)

Hotel: Hyatt Regency Vancouver

Rating: 4*

Area: Vancouver Downtown (#4)

Winning bid: $70

We have stayed at the Hyatt before; it is a great location!

Bid and was immediately accepted for 5/30-31/2009, 4* Vancouver downtown, $80/night. Hyatt Regency.

Probably started too high, but I'm happy to pay only $80/night.

As long as your happy, that is all that matters

I just tried Priceline, Vancouver 8/5 - 8/6/09. started at 65, used all my free rebids got up to 76, all were rejected Oh well will try again

Cathy

Priceline question for first-timer regarding the confirmation shown on the reservation. Is this a Priceline confirmation # or is it the confirmation that would show up in the hotel's system if I would call them, in my case Hyatt. The confirmation # begins with HY.

We are leaving for Alaska on the Infinity on Friday the 19th of May

We wanted a hotel that would provide a free shuttle to the pier, I watched betterbidding.com and also priceline and hotwire for about a week (I am really impatient) I was thinking the Westin or the Homewood suites at Pike, but after a few unsuccessful attempts, I changed my strategy and got Silver Cloud Stadium (with a free shuttle) for 70.00/nite. I have read good reviews, other than the train noise, but we have ear plugs so I am sure it will be fine. We have stayed at the Silver Cloud on Broadway and found it to be elegant and the staff wonderful. Wish us luck and happy Pricelining!!

Kristi and Mike O

Started at $65 per room for 2 rooms on 5/30/2009-5/31/2009 for 1 night and was accepted immediately. I wonder if I could have gotten it for less since I booked 2 rooms at a time.

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $65.00

Subtotal: $130.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $27.26

Total Charges*: $157.26

Just tried Priceline for the first time, and now I understand it more. After being rejected, I now understand that I have to wait 24 hour to rebid if I am not changing any of my parameters.

I do have a question, though: I am trying to get 4 rooms. Do you think it works against me trying to get 4 rooms?

Another question: I could get 4 rooms through Hotwire for $109./night each room, but I want to try for a lower price, so will wait my 24 hours. The question is this: is it worth my wait for Priceline? Will I have a good chance of getting a lower rate?

I understand no one knows the answers, but an educated opinion is appreciated. :)

Just won the Hyatt Regency for two nights precruise in June:

June 13 for one room at $95 for a total of 118.33 with taxes, etc

June 14 for three rooms at $95/ea for a total of $341.61.

I've stayed here before, and I know that we can walk to Canada Place with our luggage (we pack lightly). My two adult daughters are joining us on the cruise and they're also looking forward to seeing a little of Vancouver, so this is a great central location.

:confused::confused: OK, freetocruise, I have a question for you. How did you book a different number of rooms for two different nights? Can it be done with just one bid? 'Cause otherwise you chance not being at the same hotel, right?

Still learning.

3.5 star in Downtown Long Beach 1 night

$53 was declined.

$56 was accepted by Hilton

Damn you Priceline. I knew I could have gotten it for less. Oh well, I'll try to low ball them harder next time!

Edited by EverBlue

:confused::confused: OK' date=' freetocruise, I have a question for you. How did you book a different number of rooms for two different nights? Can it be done with just one bid? 'Cause otherwise you chance not being at the same hotel, right?

Still learning.[/quote']

No, booking different numbers of rooms on different nights can't be done on one bid. At least not that I could see. I know I took a chance but I wanted to see what I won for the first night for just one room for my husband and I. I figured that if I won a hotel I wanted, then I'd go back and immediately bid the same price for three rooms for the next night. I got lucky and it worked. I didn't care where I stayed the first night but for the second night when my daughters and boyfriends were joining us, I wanted a hotel convenient to the waterfront as they had never been to Vancouver and wanted to see the area. So if I won a less desirable hotel for the first night, I planned to hold off on bidding for the next night.

I did learn that when I won the first bid I was given the option of extending my stay either before or after my winning date but no option of increasing rooms.

Good luck in your bidding.

If I am going to price line a hotel for precruise in Vancouver, near the pier, What zone would I use? Downtown?

This is for Celebrity, Mercury, if it make a difference.

Thanks

Edited by music