***Live from the Pacific Princess***

T&J

Good morning Tony,

Watching you sail in on the cam.Looks like day is just breaking.

As each day goes by you are getting later and later .......it is now mid afternoon here.

Enjoy your day in Reunion.Good luck with the taxis,but dont expect "cheap fares" .Last year we found them to be the dearest of all the ports of call,and the drivers would not drop the price.....as ......"thats what the locals pay".

Looks like another fine day coming up.

David if you look on the cruise Cam now you'll see Reunion in the distance as we are approaching. Looks to be a very sunny and hot day here as the sun is coming up.

I heard that exact same line in the Seychelles about the price of the taxis!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

You are right Arlene much more fun putting it on . While I am on program I journal my meals . So my motto is "if I bite it I must write it". Helps me with my portion contol , keeps me focused , aware and accountable .

Have you noticed T is ignoring our conversation .

I can't hear you guys!

Tony

Good Morning from the Pacific Princess as we make our way into La Reunion shortly. If you are on the cruise cam you can see the fantastic views of Reunion and mountains. We are anticipated to dock at 8:00am but wouldn't be surprised if we are ahead of schedule again.

The waters are so clam here today and just rippling. Last night the seas were very calm when I went to bed just before 1:00am. I woke up at 6:30am this morning and just about to leave now to have my breakfast and espressos.

I plan on getting off early this morning and renting a taxi driver and going to see the volcano here and also maybe going to the beach. Food here is incredibly expensive as it is a French Island and all priced in euros.

Looks like the weather will be cooperating with us today as it is very sunny and warm thus far.

More to follow later this morning from the Pacific Princess in La Reunion.

Tony

Good Morning from the Pacific Princess as we make our way into La Reunion shortly. If you are on the cruise cam you can see the fantastic views of Reunion and mountains. .............................

Looks like the weather will be cooperating with us today as it is very sunny and warm thus far........................................Tony

pa_bridge.jpg

Tony, Have a Great Day & Good Night! Bill:)

I heard that exact same line in the Seychelles about the price of the taxis!

Good luck with your Taxi!!!!

David if you look on the cruise Cam now you'll see Reunion in the distance as we are approaching. Looks to be a very sunny and hot day here as the sun is coming up.

Looks great......

30836648_001pa_bridgeReunion.jpg.df4b68e97e24ac06b9a730c7494e6778.jpg

Welcome to La Reunion....

Sunny skies and a high of 76F is expected all day today.

We arrived at 7:35am and the ship was cleared at 8:00am by local authorities.

Some points of interests are:

The is a shuttle bus that runs for $5.00 in each direction from the ship starting at 9:00am and will be dropping us off at the near by beach town of St Gilles les Bains which is a 30 minute drive each way.

The Beaches:

Les Roches Noires; 30 minutes away, cost 40.00 euros each direction!...ouch!

Boucan Canot; 25 minutes away, cost is approx. 35.00 euros each way. These beaches offer restaurants and bars, with shower and changing facilities.

Shopping; Main Shopping Street is Saint Denis/rue Marechal Leclerc a 30 minute drive by taxi. Cost about 40 euros each way. Grand Marche rue Leclerc for handicrafts. Lacaze place du Barachois for handicrafts as well.

Reunion is a very expensive island and taxi drivers do not speak english and US $$$ are NOT accepted at all on the island only Euros.

There is also the Volcano and the Waterfall as points of interests and taxi prices will run for approx. 100 eruos roundtrip and takes 45 minutes in each direction.

Going to get off shortly and get on the first shuttle bus at 9:00am and see after what I would like to do. We set sail at 5:00pm and the sailaway and sunset should be something to see tonight.

More to follow later this afternoon from the Pacific Princess in La Reunion.

Tony

Looks like the Pilot's on his way.......

Question for you David....what will the weather be like in Timaru, NZ when I am there from Dec 14 to Dec 17th?

Thanks

Tony

Just got back onboard and had a quick bite to eat as prices for food in La Reunion are sky high...38.00 euro for a pizza!

The bus I was on for the Shuttle to St Gilles wasn't aircondiitoned in either direction although the bus driver said it was working but broke down before he picked us up!

I am going back out now and taking a taxi to go to the Volcano and the Waterfall if I have enough time to do both as we sail at 5:00pm for Richard's Bay (3 days at sea).

The weather here has clouded over, but in St-Gilles it's is very sunny and warm.

More to follow later this afternoon from the Pacific Princess in La Reunion.

Tony

We'll just got back onboard and had time only to go to the Volcano and drive past some of the other beaches I mentioned in earlier posts. The weather became partly cloudy and overcast later this afternoon on most of the island that I travelled.We are scheduled to set sail at 5:00pm, in 20 minutes time for 3 days at sea before making to Richard's Bay where I will leave the ship for 2 days and do the overnight Safari and rejoin in Durban that night onboard Pacific Princess.Getting that tight congestion again in my head!..UGGGH!More to follow later today from the Pacific Princess.Tony

see you guys in your morning!

Tony

It's morning. Late start on the treadmill today; sleep was so much better. One of us has to exercise before we eat. :) (hint hint hint)

Are you doing the ship's safari in Richard's Bay or did you book one on your own? We did two last year; day safari only. One from Richard's Bay and the other from Durban. Both interesting; both different. Saved a whole lot of $$$ not doing it with Princess.

Need coffee. Talk later.

Arlene

It's morning. Late start on the treadmill today; sleep was so much better. One of us has to exercise before we eat. :) (hint hint hint)

Are you doing the ship's safari in Richard's Bay or did you book one on your own? We did two last year; day safari only. One from Richard's Bay and the other from Durban. Both interesting; both different. Saved a whole lot of $$$ not doing it with Princess.

Need coffee. Talk later.

Arlene

I am doing the Overnight Safari with Princess in Richard's Bay and rejoin in Durban at night.No treadmill for me while being sick!Tony

Captain Fatchen just came on the P.A. to announce that we have cleared all our pre departure checks and ready for sea....if you would like to see our sailaway on the Cruise Cam we should be leaving very shortly.More to follow later today from the Pacific Princess...Tony

Arlene - Dee here....if you could email me any info on how to contact the companies you used for tours in So. Africa I would be most appreciative! Have had no luck so far setting up private tours there.

Had a great day here in Reunion. Had a picnic on the beach and a great time in the water. Made the mistake of using the ship's shuttle. When we return we'll have a rental car.

I feel like we need to take up a collection on here so Princess can buy some new computers! :rolleyes: Either they don't work at all or the mouse is crazy or the keys are sticky! I've been trying to clean all the mouses (mice?) but some are beyond hope!

Cheers!

Dee

Captain Fatchen just came on the P.A. to announce that we have cleared all our pre departure checks and ready for sea....if you would like to see our sailaway on the Cruise Cam we should be leaving very shortly.More to follow later today from the Pacific Princess...Tony

GM Tony from North Carolina,

Glad to hear you had a Good day. :) Take care of yourself(We All Need your reports to survive on land;) ) & Thank you again for your Reports & time! My Best! Bill

pa_bridge.jpg

Arlene - Dee here....if you could email me any info on how to contact the companies you used for tours in So. Africa I would be most appreciative! Have had no luck so far setting up private tours there.

Cheers!

Dee

Dee........Gillian arranged all the tours for us. Do you have her email address? She arranged almost everything we did on that whole cruise from Bangkok to Cape Town. I'd send you her email, but for some reason I don't have yours. I use Milt's computer now, since my address book crashed on the other one and that's where you are/were listed. May be a little late, but you can always try.

Arlene

..............I feel like we need to take up a collection on here so Princess can buy some new computers! Either they don't work at all or the mouse is crazy or the keys are sticky! I've been trying to clean all the mouses (mice?) but some are beyond hope! Cheers! Dee

Dorinda/Tony,

Those mice & keyboards Cost Nothing(Less than $10.00, can get them for $5.00 or less):mad: . I've got an extra 8-10 Keyboards & Mice I'll donate them;) Less than $7,000. would put 8 all new CPU's & Accessories on

on the Pacific, $10,000 installed:confused: A very little money to make a lot of Paxs Happy:confused: My 2 Cents worth!:mad: Bill

Dorinda/Tony,

Those mice & keyboards Cost Nothing(Less than $10.00, can get them for $5.00 or less):mad: . I've got an extra 8-10 Keyboards & Mice I'll donate them;) Less than $7,000. would put 8 all new CPU's & Accessories on

on the Pacific, $10,000 installed:confused: A very little money to make a lot of Paxs Happy:confused: My 2 Cents worth!:mad: Bill

I tell you it's a complete nightmare trying to use the computers in this room!...they need not only new computers and mice but also more reliable and competant cruise staff to put this room on a daily routine for maintenance.Tony

GM Tony from North Carolina,

Glad to hear you had a Good day. :) Take care of yourself(We All Need your reports to survive on land;) ) & Thank you again for your Reports & time! My Best! Bill

pa_bridge.jpg

Bill that was an amazing CAM Shot of our sunset tonight!Tony

Going to shower and get ready for dinner now....Internet Room is packed as always....we are travelling at 18 knots as we have 1434 nautical miles to Richard's Bay in 4 days time....we have 3 full days at sea starting tomorrow.Can't wait for dessert tonight as they are making Crepe Suzette for us all....yummy yum!More to follow later tonight from the Pacific Princess enroute to Richard's Bay.Tony

I tell you it's a complete nightmare trying to use the computers in this room!...they need not only new computers and mice but also more reliable and competant cruise staff to put this room on a daily routine for maintenance.Tony

Tony, Who do we speak to?:confused: Let's get it Done, who can I Call? How can we embarass Princess? Who do you know? (You've got the Connection:confused: )

Get us started, we will run with it, won't "WE"?(Are you ALL reading This "WE";) ) My Best! Bill

Tony, Who do we speak to?:confused: Let's get it Done, who can I Call? How can we embarass Princess? Who do you know? (You've got the Connection:confused: )

Get us started, we will run with it, won't "WE"?(Are you ALL reading This "WE";) ) My Best! Bill

Start by emailing Santa Clarita...passengerrelations@princesscruises.com

Tony,

Will do(& ALL you Other Readers of this, Will you Also?):)

Do you have any connections at the Top? (I guess if you did they would have fixed it by Now;) ) Bill

PS The above looks like we're All eMailing "Santa";) (Maybe we'll get it for Xmas):D (If we've been Good!):D

Archived