Ice

Mustang349

Why do all cruise lines not have accessable ice machines, such as a hotel does? Seems a waist of time to keep asking for ice.

Have you ever washed your hands before getting ice there? Do most people? Think of the bacteria counts...:mad: the ice shovel... does it have its own slot outside the ice box?

The posters here are correct ask your room steward/butler etc to fill your requests and desires for ice... thats what a part of there job is ...:cool:

I know the stewards service the ice bucket twice a day, but the morning service is always melted by early afternoon. We always tell our steward on the first day, that we would like fresh ice at 5pm, for our evening drink while getting ready for dinner.........jean:cool:

It is definitely for health reasons. Ice is very highly regulated, like food. Last year, at the Pan Pacific hotel in San Francisco, we were unable to access the ice machines as well...when I called the front desk, they said for health reasons they only want staff using the ice machines. A little over the top in my opinion (especially with those types that drop the ice into your bucket while you hold down a button - no hand contact!). But the wave of the future, especially considering that Norwalk bad boy virus.

Our steward saw us wandering around with our ice bucket, offered to have ice put in our cabin at a time of our choosing each day (like elmorejj suggested). Also filled our wine bucket each time. Lots of ice!

Archived