The Pearl is getting close to completion - undocked first half of October - photos

shoreguy

Thanks for posting the pictures. We will be on the Pearl for the 2/2/07 cruise. Went to the meyerwerft web site, but the undocking was not posted there. Again thanks.

Charles

2-96 Sovereign of the Seas

2-97 Norwegian Crown

2-98 Norwegian Wind

2-02 Monarch of the Seas

2-03 Norwegian Sun

2-04 Norwegian Sky

3-05 Norwegian Spirit

2-06 Norwegian Star

2-07 Norwegian Pearl

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if the naming ceremony will be in Florida or in NY? Will the preview cruise be a cruise to nowhere?

Thanks!

-Matt

Miami - The Pearl is not going to NY anytime in the near future. There are several 1 nighters from Miami and one from Rotterdam on Nov 30.

Hello,

in the early morning the Norwegian Pearl left her birth place and saw daylight for the first time of her life.

If you are interested in photos have a look here:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=29

Greetings from Germany

Andreas

Andreas, thanks so much for taking the time to post this wonderful event!

Does anyone know what's next for the Pearl? Where is she headed? Is her interior completely done?

Andreas, thanks so much for taking the time to post this wonderful event!

Does anyone know what's next for the Pearl? Where is she headed? Is her interior completely done?

The interior will not be completely done until the first passengers board on Nov. 30th. They may still be hanging pictures :) Next up the river transit (another great photo oppurtunity) and then sea trials

"With the ship being berthed at the outfitting pier, outstanding work will be completed on board and outside. The Ems passage of the newbuilding to the sea trials port in Eemshaven/Netherlands is planned for 4 November 2006. A detailed schedule will be published within short."

One other picture from Meyerwerft Website. Andreas must be one of the dots to the left:D

ausdocken%20norwegian%20pearl%20bild01.jpg

The interior will not be completely done until the first passengers board on Nov. 30th. They may still be hanging pictures :) Next up the river transit (another great photo oppurtunity) and then sea trials

One other picture from Meyerwerft Website. Andreas must be one of the dots to the left:D

shoreguy is right- they will work on the Norwegian Pearl up to the last minute. Hopefully it is completely finished on Nov. 30th because I would like to take some lovely interior photos in Rotterdam :-) :-) :-) .

@ shoreguy- will you also be there ???

Greetings from Germany

Andreas

shoreguy is right- they will work on the Norwegian Pearl up to the last minute. Hopefully it is completely finished on Nov. 30th because I would like to take some lovely interior photos in Rotterdam :-) :-) :-) .

@ shoreguy- will you also be there ???

Greetings from Germany

Andreas

No I will board in Southampton on the 2nd. Some of the folks I cruised with on the Jewel transatlantic are booked on the one night cruise to Southampton on the 30th.

Hallo Andreas,

will you be there to take pics of the Pearl's Ems passage?

Thanks a lot for the great fotos of the undocking!!!!

Viele Grüße :) ,

Sellie

I hope that I can arrange it to take some pictures. The exact time is allways not sure because of the water level of the Ems. When they transfer the Norwegian Pearl in the middle of the night, for sure I will stay at home. Anyhow I will tra to take some photos.

Danke für die Grüße

Andreas

Hallo Andreas,

will you be there to take pics of the Pearl's Ems passage?

Thanks a lot for the great fotos of the undocking!!!!

Viele Grüße :) ,

Sellie

I hope that I can arrange it to take some pictures. The exact time is allways not sure because of the water level of the Ems. When they transfer the Norwegian Pearl in the middle of the night, for sure I will stay at home. Anyhow I will try to take some photos.

Danke für die Grüße

Andreas

It's quite fascinating to go to Google Earth at coordinates 53 degrees 05 North and 7 degrees 21 East, just northwest of Pappenburg Germany and see the Meyer Neptun plant. I was amazed that it is so far inland. Does this huge ship go up that narrow canal (or is it a river?) past the town of Weener? That must be an incredible sight.

It reminds me of the time we cruised the Leeward down the Potomac River from Washington D.C. Some areas of the river were so narrow you could nearly reach out and touch the shore.

We'll be on the Pearl in July out of Seattle.

Thanks for the pictures, Andreas.

It's quite fascinating to go to Google Earth at coordinates 53 degrees 05 North and 7 degrees 21 East, just northwest of Pappenburg Germany and see the Meyer Neptun plant. I was amazed that it is so far inland. Does this huge ship go up that narrow canal (or is it a river?) past the town of Weener? That must be an incredible sight.

It is an incredible sight and it goes down backwards. Here a pictures from the Jewel river transit.

http://people.freenet.de/ggn2006/NorwJ_Ems/nj.htm

P6250100.jpg

It is an incredible sight and it goes down backwards. Here a pictures from the Jewel river transit.

http://people.freenet.de/ggn2006/NorwJ_Ems/nj.htm

http://people.freenet.de/ggn2006/NorwJ_Ems/P6250100.jpg

Thanks for the photo links Shoreguy. The ones at night are especially good.

From looking at Google Earth I wonder why they don't turn the ship around in the basin outside of the factory and proceed upriver frontwards. Maybe Andreas knows.

I was expecting Pappenberg to be close to the sea, ala Newport News or Mobile......instead it's over 25 miles from the shore. Interesting.

I'd like to live long enough to see Google Earth go real time. Then I never would leave the computer!

Archived