The Pearl is getting close to completion - undocked first half of October - photos

shoreguy

From looking at Google Earth I wonder why they don't turn the ship around in the basin outside of the factory and proceed upriver frontwards.

"Like her sister ships, “Jewel of the Seas” will go down the River Ems to the North Sea astern since this type of operation has proved itself. The pods mounted under the stern are “shovelling” the water under the ship, so to speak, and in addition it is easier to manoeuvre the ship with this type of propulsion which is comparable to the front drive of a car. "

Source: http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=3&subs=0&did=962

It's so exciting to see the pictures of the Pearl. Thank you Andreas!

Shoreguy, is there anyway we could cut and paste our pictures to make those back home think we climbed the wall? :D Standing in front of it up that high might even be a challenge for me! Maybe I should just go back about 25 years and practice bowling before we leave in April?

You like to see the Norwegian Pearl in bright sunlight ???

-- no problem ;-). Today we had a warm sunny autumn afternoon and I took some pictures for you:

http://www.cruiseship-gallery.de

I hope you enjoy them,

Andreas

Those pictures are fantastic! Thank you so much! I can't wait for you to sneak into the ship and take some inside photos ;)

From looking at Google Earth I wonder why they don't turn the ship around in the basin outside of the factory and proceed upriver frontwards. Maybe Andreas knows.

!

Easier to make the tight turns using the Azipods to pull the ship around the turns.

Hello,

in the early morning the Norwegian Pearl left her birth place and saw daylight for the first time of her life.

If you are interested in photos have a look here:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=29

Greetings from Germany

Andreas

Fantastic pictures Andreas!!! Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Easier to make the tight turns using the Azipods to pull the ship around the turns.

Shoreguy, I have a question you may be able to help me with: looking at the pics, from the funnel area forward, one level below the top deck, there appears to be cabins. Beside each cabin seems to be what looks like a large picture windows and a tall full length window that are practically flush with the outside of the ship. Are these suites of some sort? - they look fantastic if they are.:)

Shoreguy, I have a question you may be able to help me with: looking at the pics, from the funnel area forward, one level below the top deck, there appears to be cabins. Beside each cabin seems to be what looks like a large picture windows and a tall full length window that are practically flush with the outside of the ship. Are these suites of some sort? - they look fantastic if they are.:)

If you look on deck 11 you will see the same thing. The ones on deck 14 are A3/A4 courtyard villas. The ones on 11 are AB penthouses the same layout. The tall window is in the shower the square one next to the whirlpool tub :)

mbath1.JPG

If you look on deck 11 you will see the same thing. The ones on deck 14 are A3/A4 courtyard villas. The ones on 11 are AB penthouses the same layout. The tall window is in the shower the square one next to the whirlpool tub :)

mbath1.JPG

Thanks so much. As always, you provide a great service to us all here.:)

Interesting stern structure, very different from Pride of Hawaii. Is there a particular advantage to that shape?

What shape the only difference is the windows in the dining room and the cliimbing wall behind the stack.

POHI

0pride_of_hawaii_0026.jpg

Pearl

www3510.jpg

Well I stand corrected on the stern shape. Spent a week on POH and somehow never noticed the angled out bottom of the stern.

Apparently overwhelmed by the colors and Hawaii! :)

In Hawaii the last thing I would be looking at is the shape of the ship :D ;)

Archived