RCC vs Carnival

megnshane

Need your help in planning a cruise!! I am in charge of getting all the info together for my parents and in-law's and it is between Carnival Miracle (which I have already cruised on and loved) and RCC Explorer of the Seas. Never been on RCC before and I don't know what to expect. I was hoping you guys could give me some insight which ones you preferred. My parents are 60 and my in-law's are 50. This will also be my parents first cruise so I am trying to make the best choice!!!!!

Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!!:)

Hi. I am about your parents' age - and I love both lines.

I don't know your folks - so I can't really say which would be better for them. My take on both lines

Food - I think Carnival wins this now.

Service - RCI and always has.

Entertainment - IMO a toss up. Nether of them would make it in New York or even Orlando.

Fun things to do – Another toss up. They both have salt water in their pools. Carnival has great water slides. RCI has rock climbing.

Make sure to try to cruise when most schools are still in session – unless then love to hear the noise of many children – and some of them can be a problem.

I know that they will have a wonderful time which they decide.

I really like them both very much. I would make itinerary price and convinces the things I use to determine my next cruise. I would stay with both lines newer ships.

I love it when someone compares older ships from one line to newer ships of another, Then they say I will never go back to them again. compare apples to apples.

I love them both

I also think you should go with RCI Explorer of the Seas. You will be happy with either one but this is your big chance to compare for yourself. I've only been on one Carnival ship and it was an older ship. I still loved it.

Most important is if the itinerary and price suits you. If they both of those things work for you, go RCI for a change.

I say go with Explorer- I've done both and Miracle is a great ship, but try something new. It is very exciting exploring a new ship for the first time.

I am going with my parents and in-laws on Explorer in November and they have all cruised but never on such a large ship- so for them it will almost be like their first cruise.

Archived