Just booked the Zuiderdam Sept.22, 2007 Alaska!

Tinknock50

Forgot to mention we also got VA 6004, a large handicap cabin at the front of the ship.

When I called HAL about availability, she said her computer showed no handicap cabins available on the entire ship! She thought that didn't look right, so she called someone else and to my relief my first choice, 6004 ,was open. Called my TA immediately and snagged it. whew!

I chose the 11 day because 7 days just doesn't seem like enough. That last few days are good for just relaxing and enjoying ship board life.:)

It's kind of late in the season, but I will enjoy the 11 days and will be ending in LA.....just a short flight to Phoenix.:)

Now , we just have to pray that Mom will be still be capable enough to go a year from now.

Sean:

Wonderful! Congrats!

I guess you so enjoyed your recent Zaandam cruise to Alaska that you booked this one!:) That's great news, too, that you got your cabin of choice. They won't try to "upgrade" you on this one, will they? I hope you and your mom will have a marvelous time. I'm sure you've already looked into travel insurance, though, just in case she's not able to go next year?

Karin

Sean:

Wonderful! Congrats!

I guess you so enjoyed your recent Zaandam cruise to Alaska that you booked this one!:) That's great news, too, that you got your cabin of choice. They won't try to "upgrade" you on this one, will they? I hope you and your mom will have a marvelous time. I'm sure you've already looked into travel insurance, though, just in case she's not able to go next year?

Karin

Karin,

What I have been doing lately is buying insurance through CSA because they permit pre-existing conditions when purchased within 24 hours of final payment. This differs from other insurance which requires purchase close to original booking. That way I don't tie up money until closer to sailing when I can better determine my mom's capabilities 90 days out.

I don't think I will be upgraded out of this cabin because I will make sure it is marked "no upgrade" and check to make sure it stays that way.:)

Gonna get that Alaska fix again, aren't you? ;) Good for you.

Yep:)

I already booked a coastal cruise next May that ended in Vancouver and planned to follow it with an Alaska cruise on NCL after spending the night in Vancouver. But since I got my Alaska fix on the Zaandam, I cancelled the NCL cruise and booked this 11 night cruise on the Zuiderdam.

I am really excited about having a full 11 nights on board!

Congrats, Sean!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip on the Zuiderdam next year! 11 days sounds great.

Actually, I got a e-mail promo from NCL today with Alaska sailings for next year, and I have to say I wasn't overwhelmed with any of them, particularily the Sun's R/T from Vancouver next year. The port times aren't very good, and the ship spends two days at sea on the way back...

Congrats, Sean!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip on the Zuiderdam next year! 11 days sounds great.

Actually, I got a e-mail promo from NCL today with Alaska sailings for next year, and I have to say I wasn't overwhelmed with any of them, particularily the Sun's R/T from Vancouver next year. The port times aren't very good, and the ship spends two days at sea on the way back...

True, the NCL cruise I had booked wasn't the greatest itinerary, but it would have been something different for me. On the plus side, it did the inside passage most of the trip.....something you don't get from Seattle.

Plus I did get a great rate on a handicap BA balcony.

A big factor in changing from the Sun was I would have had 2 final payments at about the same time. Better to do the fall Zuiderdam and keep my Princess coastal in May. Easier to budget!

Forgot to mention we also got VA 6004, a large handicap cabin at the front of the ship.

When I called HAL about availability, she said her computer showed no handicap cabins available on the entire ship! She thought that didn't look right, so she called someone else and to my relief my first choice, 6004 ,was open. Called my TA immediately and snagged it. whew!

I chose the 11 day because 7 days just doesn't seem like enough. That last few days are good for just relaxing and enjoying ship board life.:)

Enjoy!! Just back from the 9/9 sailing on the Zuiderdam. As 1st time cruisers we weren't sure what to expect but our expectationns were not only matched but exceeded. We were in 6024, just along the corridor from your cabin. We are now thinking about what to do about our next cruise although it may not be for a couple of years as we have another trip to Ottawa next year for a wedding.

What a great way to spend a holiday - great cabins, great service, great food, great scenery, great entertainment and great company!! What more can one ask for?

Lloyd

Enjoy!! Just back from the 9/9 sailing on the Zuiderdam. As 1st time cruisers we weren't sure what to expect but our expectationns were not only matched but exceeded. We were in 6024, just along the corridor from your cabin. We are now thinking about what to do about our next cruise although it may not be for a couple of years as we have another trip to Ottawa next year for a wedding.

What a great way to spend a holiday - great cabins, great service, great food, great scenery, great entertainment and great company!! What more can one ask for?

Lloyd

Happy to hear you had a great time on your first cuise!

If I was sure I would be booking 6004, I would have asked you to snap a picture of it before the occupants checked in. :)

Archived