This Sounds Scary and Wow for HAL's Parent Company

patval

I just read over at http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com that Carnival signed a deal to put a water ballon fight game or system on their ships. I am worried that is going to upset people that do not want to get hit by water ballons so I will be praying for them and kids throwing them at adults.Now what is even scarier would be if they put this on Holland America Ships (Oh God Helps Us Now).:eek::eek:

Last thing for the WOW factor Carnival reported a profit for the quarter not year just quarter of over 1.1 billion not million but billion dollar profit. :eek::eek:They said that if the Alaska tax and other markets start to have reduce yields they will have enough ships to repostition ships to other higher yielding markets.

Paul

I just clicked on the link and couldn't find anything about water balloons - can you copy the piece for us? I can't imagine water balloon fights on HAL - one more reason not to be hanging around the pool area. We prefer the quieter areas away from the pool, thankfully!

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Are they nuts? The very last thing I would want is a water balloon to stike me. This just does not seem like a good idea.

As well I do too.

But I would be the last to have coconut.

Again personal choice is the matter of fact ...

Do you like chocolate 99 Varieties or vanila icecream.

Dr Pepper ((YUM)) Root Beer Sasperilla Birch Beer or Coca Cola..Pepsi..RC Crown... C&C.. etc..

Choice in America and Free Trade allows you the ultimate consumer.. that sometimes magical.. C H O I C E

And not even a Government funded research or other project...:eek: :cool: :cool:

I just read over at http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com that Carnival signed a deal to put a water ballon fight game or system on their ships. I am worried that is going to upset people that do not want to get hit by water ballons so I will be praying for them and kids throwing them at adults.Now what is even scarier would be if they put this on Holland America Ships (Oh God Helps Us Now).:eek::eek:

Last thing for the WOW factor Carnival reported a profit for the quarter not year just quarter of over 1.1 billion not million but billion dollar profit. :eek::eek:They said that if the Alaska tax and other markets start to have reduce yields they will have enough ships to repostition ships to other higher yielding markets.

Paul

From the very little I have read about it...it would be a game that is set up on the Lido deck. A warning would be given to any one (in range) and then the "games would begin". After the "game" is over, it is removed to be played another day.

As for the profits...yea! (as only a shareholder can rejoice)

Our local county fairs have a water balloon fight concession which is fun to watch and, I think, fun for the participants too. Two stations are set up with a bucket of water balloons at each. Each also has a modified slingshot apparatus to aim and shoot the water balloon at the opponent. They are supervised and set up in a shelter so the onlookers don't get hit or splashed. I can see this being done on Carnival as a fun poolside activity. On HAL, no way!!

WOW allot of response quick. I know they will supervise this game but when I tried Carnival back in 05 they did not have what Princess cruises calls Youth Secruity so I hope they will assign people to this matter. I really do not believe HAL would get this but hey maybe HAL will get the Flow Rider that RCCL has that would cool. :D:D:D

Paul

They have been around for almost 18 years. I have seen portable models at the grass-roots fundraising level as a part of 4th of July and school events. It's hokey but an enormous hit with kids and families of all ages and it does not spill over to other venues. Think Family Feud with water balloons.

I think it might work well for Carnival Caribbean sails in the summer when some ships are jammed with kids. Given HAL is not in the Caribben in the summer, I think it's not going to spill over to the CCL family.

Who among us will be the first to speculate that other amusement park attractions could follow? Imagine the possibilities.:)

Our local county fairs have a water balloon fight concession which is fun to watch and, I think, fun for the participants too. I can see this being done on Carnival as a fun poolside activity. On HAL, no way!!

I stepped away to take a phone call and then posted. Sorry for the redundancy.

Our local county fairs have a water balloon fight concession which is fun to watch and, I think, fun for the participants too. Two stations are set up with a bucket of water balloons at each. Each also has a modified slingshot apparatus to aim and shoot the water balloon at the opponent.

Right On!

Sign me up, sounds like I could act like a kid once more:D

John

Are they nuts? The very last thing I would want is a water balloon to stike me. This just does not seem like a good idea.

I am sure the water balloon game will be done in a special area of the ship. No cruise line could possibly be stupid enough to have water balloon fights taking place in general passenger areas. I imagine the "game" will be held in a special netted off area where the balloons couldn't possibly hit non-participating passengers.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I am sure the water balloon game will be done in a special area of the ship. No cruise line could possibly be stupid enough to have water balloon fights taking place in general passenger areas. I imagine the "game" will be held in a special netted off area where the balloons couldn't possibly hit non-participating passengers.

Blue skies ...

--rita

LOL...I don't know why I even thought this would be a game where people would be able to toss water balloons at other passengers anywhere on the ship...but I did. Maybe it's because I have two boys and have been "bombed" by water balloons before. I don't know...but the first thing I thought was that I'd be walking down the corridor and be "bombed."

If it's in a designated area, yes, I can see some people having a ball with this.

As I was reading this thread...it's clicked...ahhh...a lightbulb moment of sorts. What can I say...thanks for clearing this up.

Archived