Taxi fares from Dover

Globaliser

I was visiting a ship in Dover yesterday, and saw a sign at the cruise terminal that had been placed there by the Dover Federation of Licensed Taxi Operators.

There are fixed fares for certain long distance journeys:-

£145 to Heathrow airport

£110 to Gatwick airport

£130 to London (this was marked "from", so some journeys might be more)

£30 to Canterbury

Local journeys are metered; estimates for a one-way trip to most places in Dover (town centre, railway station, ferry docks, castle etc.) were £5 - £6.

• 2 weeks later...
I was visiting a ship in Dover yesterday, and saw a sign at the cruise terminal that had been placed there by the Dover Federation of Licensed Taxi Operators.

There are fixed fares for certain long distance journeys:-

£145 to Heathrow airport

£110 to Gatwick airport

£130 to London (this was marked "from", so some journeys might be more)

£30 to Canterbury

Local journeys are metered; estimates for a one-way trip to most places in Dover (town centre, railway station, ferry docks, castle etc.) were £5 - £6.

Could you please give me some information regarading being picked up at Heathrow Airport, and driven to Canterbury. We don't want to take a train or bus...just taxi or car service. Do you have any prices? Thanks.

Could you please give me some information regarading being picked up at Heathrow Airport, and driven to Canterbury. We don't want to take a train or bus...just taxi or car service. Do you have any prices?
I posted this specifically because it was about a sign that I saw about taxi fares from Dover.

There are many other threads in the Britain, British Isles, Baltics and Europe forums with discussions about car transfers from London and London airports to other places. You'll find them if you search those forums.

Wow, those fares are pretty high, but then everything seems high in England to a poor Canadian!

We did the reverse in June, had a car service take us from Dover to Heathrow, with a stopover in Canterbury. It was very pleasant, and efficiently managed, professional driver, comfortable car.

The car service was: Frank Gelder - ICS <bookings@icskent.co.uk>

Highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived