JS Cabin 1100 - Radiance of the Seas!

ckrobyn

I can't believe this is our cabin for our upcoming Radiance cruise!

For anyone who has sailed in 1100 on any Radiance class ship - can you tell me about the cabin? I have seen some pictures and the cabin/balcony look amazing!

Is this JS slightly larger than a regular JS because of it's location on the corner aft?

I read somewhere that the door to 1100 is around a corner and tucked away from the main corridor - is this true?

For anyone that has sailed in this cabin very recently - were there loungers as well as chairs on the balcony?

Any and all info is greatly appreciated - I am so thrilled to be sailing in this cabin in 36 days! :D

Ooops you leave before us? You can let me know

LOL ! I was thinking the same thing when I saw the date of your sailing :rolleyes:

Trust me - I will be taking tons of pics which I will post upon our return. I am beside myself with excitement over this cabin....I can't wait to be IN it!:p

ckrobyn: We just got off the Jewel TA last weekend. While we were not in 1100 this year (we do have it next year!!!!!!!!!!), we were in 1102.

We did not go into this cabin (1100), so can't help you w/ actual cabin size. From the balcony view, if this cabin is larger than a normal JS, it can only be slightly larger. Our best guess is that it is approx the same size. It is the balcony that is significantly larger!

When you come down the port side 10th deck hallway, you will run into the cabin door of 1102. To get to your cabin, you will turn rt and go approx 15-20 ft to reach the cabin door for 1100. It is the ONLY cabin serviced by this hallway, although there is access to a crew stairway in this area as well. Very private.

The balcony had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a good sized table. While the balcony does not actually wrap arround, you should be able to see down some of the port side of the ship.

Hope this helps.

Bruce

Our favorite cabin! The interior dimensions are the same as any other JS. There is an emergency stairway on the portside, but we never heard any noise from there, so no worries about that. The stairway the appears on the deck plans that is just forward of the stern is for crew only.

The balcony is just amazing with the furniture that Bruce described (we had it in 2004).

And if you haven't seen enough pictures, here's a link:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/548908218rSJtnN

Have a fabulous time!

Hi ckrobyn...

We just booked cabin 1100 for next December 8,2007 and I found a few pictures of this room and balcony on webshots.com.

Just type in on the site search" cabin 1100-Radiance of the Seas" and we had a fair amount of pictures show up.

I could not believe the size of that balcony, it is huge.

When I saw that balcony and called RCCL and they said it was available, I just had to grab it before it disappeared.

I also believe that the cabin is just a narmal size JS by looking at the deckplan layout.

We have corner aft D1 cabin 1688 on our upcoming Navigator cruise and that cabin is suppose to be the size of a JS.

The deckplan layout of that cabin shows it to be a larger than normal D1.

Let us know how you liked the cabin on your cruise when you get back.

Enjoy your cruise !!!

Bob:)

Our favorite cabin! The interior dimensions are the same as any other JS. There is an emergency stairway on the portside, but we never heard any noise from there, so no worries about that. The stairway the appears on the deck plans that is just forward of the stern is for crew only.

The balcony is just amazing with the furniture that Bruce described (we had it in 2004).

Have a fabulous time!

Great pictures critterchick. Thank you for sharing.

Do you have any more photos of that cruise to look at ?

Bob:)

Have a fabulous time!

Critterchick - thanks for the info! We are beside ourselves with excitement over this cabin :D The pictures are amazing and the balcony simply awesome! I'm a camera fanatic, so I will post tons of pics of the cabin and balcony when we return. I originally had 9256 - switched to the suite guarantee ( got a great price!) and voila! 1100 :p

P.S. I can never see enough pics of this cabin! ;)

I also have this cabin on a back2back in feb of 2008, and cannot wait until you guys get back to see all about the cabin. I have also stayed in 1388 on the navigator and it was plenty big with enough room for the entire family of four, your going to love 1688. I hope everyone has a great trip and brings back plenty of good pictures.:p :p

• 7 years later...

Hi, Just Booked 1100 on the 4/3/2016 to 5/1/2016 on the Radiance, from Sydney to Vancouver.

Can anyone give me any info on any updates for that cabin in 2012?

Any more recent cruises for people that have stayed in 1100?

We did 34 nights B2B on the Radiance in 2012. The first half was in Jr. Suite 1096 (very noisy, right under WJ kitchen), the second half in 1100. Going directly from one to the other, 1100 felt a little wider but not enough to make any real difference. The incredible balcony does wrap around the side a little bit - not much space on the side but you can squeeze in to get a picture. Of all the cruises we've been on, 1100 is definitely our favorite cabin on our favorite ship. The most memorable time was catching a full moon just emerging from behind clouds, reflected in the ship's wake - incredibly beautiful! Hope you all love it as much as we did!

Hi, Just Booked 1100 on the 4/3/2016 to 5/1/2016 on the Radiance, from Sydney to Vancouver.

Can anyone give me any info on any updates for that cabin in 2012?

Any more recent cruises for people that have stayed in 1100?

Fantastic cabin. Balcony is a little deeper and wider.

Need to turn the handle to the lock position when the balcony door is open to stop the door sliding shut - this applies to all aft balconies because event the slightest roll will cause the door to slide shut. Very annoying to hear slamming balcony doors all through the night.

Here are a couple of pics leaving Sydney from 1100.

EF1C8E98-21F1-453D-8B71-480FEA5E71E4_zpsew9dlkuu.jpg

88B260CB-5010-46C8-8B40-92839034496A_zpsgnj07m8s.jpg

Here is a link to a review I have not yet completed regarding our cruise in Radiance cabin 1100 in Australia/NZ - photos of cabin and balcony are in posts 58-63: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2011628&page=3

Thank You, Pix were great.

Any soot problems?

Are there still 2 lounge chairs plus 2 regular chairs on the deck?

Thanks again.

We were on board for over 2 weeks and had no soot problems whatsoever.

It was a fantastic balcony with two loungers, two chairs and a table.

You will not be disappointed.