Solarium

lac

Several years ago my husband and I sailed on Vision and fell in love with the Solarium. We're getting ready to book another cruise and will probably go with RCCL because it's been our favorite. Does anyone know if they still have the Solarium on any ships? I can't tell from the website ship layouts.

I think most RCI ships have solariums - Freedom, Voyager and Radiance class definitely do. I think Vision class does as well. The only major difference is that the Solariums are covered on Radiance class.

Tell me more about this so called solarium. What is it?

I can´t really speak for Voyager class ships, as I´ve never been on one. But from pics it seems to be similar to Freedom.

To me the point about the Solarium is that it is an indoor pool covered by a retrectable roof that can be used in cold/bad weather too.

Now on Freedom and Voyager it´s a different designed area, but it´s open air and can´t be covered from what I know, so to me it´s just another outdoor pool.

I can´t really speak for Voyager class ships, as I´ve never been on one. But from pics it seems to be similar to Freedom.

To me the point about the Solarium is that it is an indoor pool covered by a retrectable roof that can be used in cold/bad weather too.

Now on Freedom and Voyager it´s a different designed area, but it´s open air and can´t be covered from what I know, so to me it´s just another outdoor pool.

I completely agree. It is an adult outdoor pool area on Freedom and the Voyager ships. A true solarium is what you find on the Radiance class and I found it to be a great place to go to when I needed a break from the southern Caribbean heat.

I completely agree. It is an adult outdoor pool area on Freedom and the Voyager ships. A true solarium is what you find on the Radiance class and I found it to be a great place to go to when I needed a break from the southern Caribbean heat.

For me, the solarium is a huge disappointment on Voyager ships because it is not climate controlled.

I think that the Majesty, Sovereign, Monarch and Empress?? are the only ones that don't have a solarium. Their pool decks appear to be much longer because of this (and less squished).

The best solariums in my opinion are on the vision class and the Radiance class ships. The Radiance class ships have jungle noises....does it get any better?:D

Oh and Armyman84 ~ the Solarium is a pool in the back or front of the ship away from the main pool area that's usually covered w/a crystal canopy for inclement weather and it's an adults only area and is usually much more tranquil than the main pool. It's right before the spa. It's where they also have pizza and hotdogs on the vision class ships, which now that I think about it is a tad ironic. :eek:

Laura

Thanks for the replies. Like some of you, the covered Solarium was the best, quietest spot on the ship. A great place to relax, read, sleep, hop in the sea water pool. There were never very many people in the Solarium which we really liked.

I'm sorry to hear the Empress doesn't have a covered Solarium because where looking at a 2/12/07 sailing. Unfortunately, it seems like the Vision class all go shorter trips than we are looking for.

Thanks again for your help.

Archived