Help NCL debug the new Website - post problems here.

calmac

NCL Pearl 12/22/2006, Booked Shore Excursions After playing around with the new web-site I was able to book all three excursions for the NCL Pearl 12/22/2006. The individual excursions have no times listed and there are three available for each.

The following is an example of the tours I selected that reflect our cruise, make sure you now what days we are in each port.

12/24/2006 Samana: SAM917 Cayo Flora Snorkel and Beach

12/25/2006 Tortola: TOV939 Jost Van Dyke Escape

12/26/2006 St. Thomas: STT Champagne Cat Sail & Snorkel:cool:

So far - I'm very disappointed in the new web site. They have added some nice bells and whistle stuff about Freestyle cruising. But it still isn't up to where Princess website is for on line registration and shore excursion booking. It seems like they made the old stuff just look different but didn't make it function any better.

And they have a lot of bugs to work out. I'm on a Mac and have tried both Safari and Mozilla and neither functions very well - no room details or pictures.

So far - I'm very disappointed in the new web site. They have added some nice bells and whistle stuff about Freestyle cruising. But it still isn't up to where Princess website is for on line registration and shore excursion booking. It seems like they made the old stuff just look different but didn't make it function any better.

And they have a lot of bugs to work out. I'm on a Mac and have tried both Safari and Mozilla and neither functions very well - no room details or pictures.

Jeez... great I was just thinking "Hmmm... I wonder how this is gonna look when I get home and get on my mac"

Well... that ones shot down I guess.

This wasn't much of an update. Sure, there are some new pics and so. But you still have to call or fax them if you want anything. How many people have time to be in a telephone queue? And at least here in europe not many people have fax machines.

Hope this is not the final version of the "new" site.

It is not 2006 over this site. Sad but true.

True, Shoreguy.

I hope for new and more pictures of the ships. Maybe some videos and/or "virtual tours" of the ships as well.

It can't be that long time 'till we see what the kids have done. :)

Those seem to be added - right know the pictures are not showing up but the space is there. We need to give them a week to work the bugs out.

What the should have done is come here a couple of weeks ago and posted a link to a beta version for us to test before going public :)

Those seem to be added - right know the pictures are not showing up but the space is there. We need to give them a week to work the bugs out.

What the should have done is come here a couple of weeks ago and posted a link to a beta version for us to test before going public :)

Absolutely, its a wonder what an extra hundred sets of eyes can pick out.

I'm also very disappointed with the new site. Apparently I don't have the proper downloads for the site. I already completed my online registration before the change, but now I can't join the My Freestyle club. It says my booking info is invalid. Do I have to register again or call my TA and check if the booking number is the same?

Angie

I'm also very disappointed with the new site. Apparently I don't have the proper downloads for the site. I already completed my online registration before the change, but now I can't join the My Freestyle club. It says my booking info is invalid. Do I have to register again or call my TA and check if the booking number is the same?

Angie

Booking number will be the same and all that.

Unfortunetaly you are in a minority still using dialup, not really NCL's fault they need a flashy site which is IMPOSSIBLE to do well when working under dialup constraints (not saying that to be mean, just shooting straight).

I must say that the new things are really good. Like the new deck plans. :D

But there are too few news. But I guess we can't have it all at once. :)

The drill down on Freestyle has lots on good info.

Alot like the other sites now lots of flash but were is the beef. First one to find a link to contract (Terms and conditions), wine list, Site map. FAQs let me know still looking.

I have to say it---Please be patient---it is not a 'out with the old and in with the new' job. Can't blame NCL for this. It takes time!!! We just spent 2 weeks in Chicago updating and changing United Airlines computers. My DH spent 12 -14 hours a day working at UAL and then coming back to the hotel to work his normal shift. And they will be doing more the end of the month.

Please give NCL a break and have patience.:)

from what i see of the web site so far, it is great.

I get no pictures in the ship details for the Jewel, Sun, Majesty but the video and pictures in the Experience Freestye all seem to work well.

When I last checked, it was more like 25/75 for the ShorEx pictures (more available than not). That may have changed.

I really wanna know why the 10 minute long period of freestlyecruising.com changed back to NCL.com. Well, I can understand why they stick with NCL.COM, but I'm more curious as to why they even went to freestylecruising.com.

I dunno.

**edit**

Seems like none of the webcams are up, this is a change from an hour ago when they were all available.

When I last checked, it was more like 25/75 for the ShorEx (more available than not). That may have changed.

I really wanna know why the 10 minute long period of freestlyecruising.com changed back to NCL.com. Well, I can understand why they stick with NCL.COM, but I'm more curious as to why they even went to freestylecruising.com.

I dunno.

I am going to start a new thread just for bugs and send a link to NCL. Just found some more.

I also encourage folks to be patient... this website is a HUGE improvement from what NCL had before. Before it was almost impossible to find cruises, itineraries, shore excursions, or even information about the ships. (The site was NOT user-friendly at all.) Now all of that is readily accessible. The additional features that you're suggesting are good ideas, but we should give them time to work out the kinks in the new site and make some more changes!

I'm able to see all of the images and links from my computer and it looks great. Good job NCL.

I get no pictures in the ship details for the Jewel, Sun, Majesty but the video and pictures in the Experience Freestye all seem to work well.

I can see pictures for these three ships OK - apart from those which have "Sorry No Image Available". You would have thought that NCL would have at least one photo of every type of cabin on each of their ships!

I will send a link to this thread to NCL. It might help them get things fixed sooner if they know about them/ Just post problems you are having with the new site.

The Details are always hard my short list.

Main splash page my cruise on the PEARL is back departing from Dover again, not

Interactive deckplans - AB picture on the Jewel is an AC, AB on the Dawn is an AD.

I am sure the list will grow:)

Archived