Help NCL debug the new Website - post problems here.

calmac

no shore excursions

cannot register online

Would like to have the ability to book online

No pictures, although I got some when I went on earlier

Didn't see anywhere where they listed the room details - what it included and SF.

To the last poster: there are shore excursions, just click the tab saying "Shore Excursions"

Anyways, not to be a jerk, but there are two threads on this, a previous thread is great for posting your opinions and things of that nature, however this one is talking about bugs and such. Something like "NCL needs to let you register" isn't really relevent to this thread, its not looking like that was an oversight by NCL.

As for my latest bug, when I try to pull up the NCL SUN deck plans it only has a box that says Laguna deck, nothing else.

Ok, one thing before my latest bug. There are two threads, on is for discussing the website (things like "ooh I like it" etc) and this one, pointing out bugs. Something like NCL needs to add a online booking section is relevent to the other thread not this one. Something like "X link on Y page does not work" is relevent for this thread. (not being angry, just wanting this to be helpful to NCL)

The problem I am having right now is with the ship layout, when I go to the Suns layout all I see is a box that says "Laguna Deck" which I don't think is a real deck for the sun.

Ok, one thing before my latest bug. There are two threads, on is for discussing the website (things like "ooh I like it" etc) and this one, pointing out bugs. Something like NCL needs to add a online booking section is relevent to the other thread not this one. Something like "X link on Y page does not work" is relevent for this thread. (not being angry, just wanting this to be helpful to NCL)

The problem I am having right now is with the ship layout, when I go to the Suns layout all I see is a box that says "Laguna Deck" which I don't think is a real deck for the sun.

That is the focus of this thread to get thing that are broken or wrong fixed. I did hear back from NCL and our help is appreciated.

......We will be monitoring your thread on cruise critic, as you say multiple eyes are very helpful with a project like this. Thanks for the errors you have noted.........

Those seem to be added - right know the pictures are not showing up but the space is there. We need to give them a week to work the bugs out.

What the should have done is come here a couple of weeks ago and posted a link to a beta version for us to test before going public :)

I agree - launching a new site, without working any bugs out can be dangerous. I work in IT and if I launched a site without testing it, geez, can you say "unemployed".

yeah... there are lots of kinks, but i like it.

i've dug around on and off all morning as my job will allow.... i love the new shore-ex pieces, but i'd really like to find the downloadable pdfs for shore-ex.... anyone see those? i can go back to the old site, but i think i'm just being dense and not seeing them on the new site. any clues for me?

luv2

Not here but they are still on the NCL UK site:cool:

http://www.uk.ncl.com/

I agree - launching a new site, without working any bugs out can be dangerous. I work in IT and if I launched a site without testing it, geez, can you say "unemployed".

I am sure they tested it. A lot works well. Sometimes when you are close to a project you miss the little things. A controlled intro would have made sense.

I am sure they tested it. A lot works well. Sometimes when you are close to a project you miss the little things. A controlled intro would have made sense.

Not disputing the fact that they tested it. However, it was probably tested internally and in ideal situations. It's impossible to test on every platform, processor, browser, etc.

Users (like us) typically provide better feedback - why do you think Micro$oft offers up beta software? A controlled intro would probably been better.

I'll take the "wait and see" seat and let it all iron out.

Not disputing the fact that they tested it. However, it was probably tested internally and in ideal situations. It's impossible to test on every platform, processor, browser, etc.

Users (like us) typically provide better feedback - why do you think Micro$oft offers up beta software? A controlled intro would probably been better.

I'll take the "wait and see" seat and let it all iron out.

I forgot, when is the commercial launch? If its not for a few days then this is actually a good move on NCL's part, perhaps they were relying on the feedback of consumers who already frequent the site to come in before the big marketing push. Well... if the push is today, then NCL kinda fell flat on it's face on the starting line.

If anyone uses firefox, like me, are you still getting the same old tired web-site? I have seen the homepage using explorer, but, can't seem to go futher without freezing up...

I'm using Mozilla and no problem getting the new site. In fact, it came up using my old bookmark.

I posted a thread to report problems and sent a link to NCL. If you find a problem just add it to the list.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=421935

I did find the old FAQs - under the link on the main page "Booked Guests get Ready to Cruise" Still looking for the wine list :)

The wine list in on the T/A section of the site, it'll make it over soon enough.:p

The site looks like fun, and the photos and virtual tours will mislead some and thrill others, but I find the lack of booking online disturbing... I'm an impulse buyer and make most of my reservations online late at night. If I have to wait and talk to a PCC in the light of day.....:eek:

All of your NCL links will have to be updated due to the change of address from NCL to freestlyecruising.com.

As for the webcam not pulling up now that may be yet another glitch in the new site.

**EDIT** I was able to find the Dawns webcam and it is viewable.**

New link

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/publicRooms.html?shipCode=DAWN&displayTab=WebCam

Tried your link, still can't bring up the Dawn's web-cam? My daughter is now on the Dawn and I'm trying to find out the sea conditions on her way to Halifax (sea day)?

I must say that the new things are really good. Like the new deck plans. :D

But there are too few news. But I guess we can't have it all at once. :)

I like the deck plan too. I am hoping NCL would add stateroom numbers to the pop ups so I can see what I am hovering over when the deck plan is in smaller version.

Well after trying to download adobe flash player umpteen times, I found out it is already downloaded but apparently doesn't work with my version of explorer. After reading of other CCer's solutions, I opened Firefox and lo and behold the site so far is working for pictures but still not for My Freestyle. Still gives me invalid booking info. So my suggestion for dial-up users is to try the site in other browsers.

I was a fan of the old site and rarely had any problems that others have described. I'm excited to explore the new site (now that I have it working) and see if I like it just as much.

Angie

Tried your link, still can't bring up the Dawn's web-cam? My daughter is now on the Dawn and I'm trying to find out the sea conditions on her way to Halifax (sea day)?

Hmmmnnn... it went down again, Check back in a bit and see if they were able to put it up again.

I was able to pull it up from going to the site (not using my link), here you go.

fullsize.jpg

Archived