New Ncl Menu Items November

shoreguy

I just like trying things I don't eat regularly at home - so mahi mahi and anything involving macadamia nuts sounds interesting to me.

Oh! huli huli chicken. Now THAT sounds interesting! And anything with coconut is very vacation-y!

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Ha, funny you should mention, NOPE!

But I do pay attention and pick up on things, so if there is something I can answer then I will.

I didn't realize a past cruise was a requirement for knowledge. :p

I think that when you "attack" people on this site with your "knowledge", they should be informed that the only "knowledge" you have is from other people's experiences and not your own. Sometimes when people who are first time cruisers and come on these boards for advice, you should give that advice from first hand knowledge and not from hearsay. ;0P

I think that when you "attack" people on this site with your "knowledge", they should be informed that the only "knowledge" you have is from other people's experiences and not your own. Sometimes when people who are first time cruisers and come on these boards for advice, you should give that advice from first hand knowledge and not from hearsay. ;0P

FOUL.........sailing on one ship in the fleet (one time not on freestyle) does not an expert make:)

Learning everything that you can from "experts" does:)

Positive attitude and an open mind makes for a great learning experience:)

Hoping to get back to the menu :D and find out where I need to go on the website shoreguy posted to find the new menus? Must I register to see them? I'm a really fussy eater :eek: so I might as well try to plan ahead.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Now I understand. It is YOU who decides who can take part in the flow of conversation in this forum.

Never said that either! But when you are giving advice to first time cruisers, you should really know or at least have experienced, the information you are giving. Never said New could state his/her opinion, just a little disclaimer when giving people advice would be helpful. Didn't realise my statements were so touchy feely for you people. Maybe there's more here who haven't actually been on a cruise and are giving advice??? Oh, well, had my comic relief for the day. Have fun.

Hoping to get back to the menu :D and find out where I need to go on the website shoreguy posted to find the new menus? Must I register to see them? I'm a really fussy eater :eek: so I might as well try to plan ahead.

I hope its ok w/ everyone that I post this ;) , the NCL menu's arent' yet available for veiwing, closest thing you will find is the NCLA menu

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=421905

Cheers

Why would anyone want to pouf a thread like this? Seeing it's so informative and all.
Because the bickering and fighting has just passed irritating and annoying and disruptive. FYI to the people that do it...I've been cleaning up this junk for over a week. No more. After I clean this thread up, any others will go away. Geez...Can't you guys stick to the topic and not make it personal?????

Here is the NCL Press Release

PARTIAL QUOTE: ....... said Colin Veitch, CEO.......:

"The new menus we recently introduced on our NCL America ships in Hawai`i have been well received by our guests and we look forward to rolling out new menus across the NCL fleet."

A new concept introduced in the buffet restaurants brings the chefs out of the galley and in front of guests, cooking fresh, prepared-to-order food at pasta, sushi, stir fry and carving stations.

In addition, the children's menu now includes more healthy options presented in playful ways such as a mashed potato boat with a cheese sail.

[/color]

This sounds interesting and encouraging. New menus and the concept of buffet restaurants having chefs out of the galley, preparing food to order are wonderful ideas.

Kathi,

I think we will have to wait :) .

<newlywedcruisers, i enjoy your gleaning of knowledge from the boards and it shows the boards are working the way they were intented>

BTW- Sorry Cecilia!
I just reread my post...I sounded mean! :o I guess I'm in mommy mode with my son turning one in less than two weeks. My daily dialog consists of "no, don't touch that, be careful, come to mommy, I told you that would hurt, and that's gonna leave a mark." LOL Anyway...I've been a board member for 5 years and been a host for 3. It's frustrating when groups of members decide to battle with another group and carry on the bickering from thread to thread. It's not necessary.

BTW...I've recently started helping out with getting reviews posted to the CC site. Within the next two weeks there should be very little delay in getting your review and ratings included on the review page. So submit those reviews!

Hi Cecilia...We have a one year old grandson named Nathan :D After 3 kids of my own and two other grandchildren we have for the 1st time found it necessary to lock the cabinets and attach anything that might move but shouldn't in place. :eek:

Not sure if I am ready to see what the terrible twos will bring? :confused:

Sorry, I missed all the fun!

I do have to add that SPAM comes from my homestate... Austin, MN. I personally can't stand the stuff but DH grew up on fried SPAM. I do like Cobb Salad and would welcome that on a menu. Now, if it were Tator-Tot Hot Dish that's where I draw the line. :eek:

Have a great weekend everyone. :D

Sorry, I missed all the fun!

I do have to add that SPAM comes from my homestate... Austin, MN. I personally can't stand the stuff but DH grew up on fried SPAM. I do like Cobb Salad and would welcome that on a menu. Now, if it were Tator-Tot Hot Dish that's where I draw the line. :eek:

Have a great weekend everyone. :D

I thought that was a Minnesota Staple the same as Spam:D Seems everyone at pot-lucks here make that dish. I agree with drawing the line at both Spam(pig) and Tator-tot hot dish.

Cecilia

Do the puppy paw marks on Nathan's countdown to his birthday mean he is getting a dog???:D

Happy Birthday Nathan:)

We actually already have a three year old dog. But that would've been real clever of me if I had meant that he was getting a dog. LOL

kdg51...in our house we aren't preparing for the terrible two's to be hard on us. It's going to be hard on Nathan though. It's our house and we always win. It's gonna break his heart to find that out. :D

Just noticed this topic, and though I haven't read the whole thread, I certainly never had a problem with the old menus. As I saw the problem, it has been with NCL corporate making some changes to cut costs, so unless the new team will have more freedom, then I wouldn't be too excited. If not, then the challenge to the new head chefs will be to make more out of less. I wish them the best!

cruiserssandr...You didn't by any chance take notes on the menus? Pictures with a cell phone would be even better! ;)

LeBistro changes too? :eek: At least I could always count on a nice piece of beef if I didn't like the menu at the Seven Seas. :mad:

Was the "Baked Potato" back on the appetizer menu or did they just have too many potatoes left over on the repo cruise? :D

Archived