Montreal flight

BobMartha

Is a 11:20 flight out of Montreal cutting it to close for a Maasdam sailing (Boston to Montreal)? From what I am reading if we are in the first group off and 20-30 minute ride to the airport.....may be a little close?

At the Montreal port is their a similiar service (as there was in Vancouver) - white courtesy phones you could call for car service? In Vancouver is was great

thanks all

Bob

Are you feeling lucky?

There's a really good chance you'd make that flight, but it would put my nerves too much on edge to try it.

The last time I disembarked in Montreal I took the HAL bus to the airport and was there a few minutes after 9:00, and was at my gate in plenty of time to have made your flight.

Was that normal? I don't know.

I'd take a later flight if I had the choice.

I wouldn't take my chances you never know what time you will get off the ship and you have to be at our airport at least 1 1/2 hours before. Your flying international and our Ta's can hold you up just as much as they do in the states.

I would instead take a later flight and if you have the urge take a nice carriage ride through old Montreal. Any where in downtown or old Montreal is about 20 - 30 mins away from the airport.

The port is in Old Montreal or close to it at least. It's beautiful down their this time of year you will feel like you got off the ship in France.

:( Good morning,

IMO, you're cutting it too close....

Book a later flight, after 1300

Even HAL would not sell you a transfer voucher for flights departing before, I think, 1230.

Happy sailings

Cheers

Claude G

:)

Bob-go for it. We arrived in Montreal last year on Crystal Symphony. There were plenty of cabs available and the airport is less than 30 minutes with little traffic at that time I would think. We were on Delta and it went very smoothly.

Gary

Leaving from Montreal can be a hassle. We were in the customs, security, and departure tax line for over 90 minutes on a Sunday. We barely had time to grab a sandwich before they called our 2pm flight. I'd book a flight for 1pm or later. They prefer you pay the departure tax with canadian funds so it would be a good idea to have about $15 in Canadian bills.

GN

- this Canadian also suggests a later time. Clearing customs can be slow (or an idiot can refuse to show up and pay their ship account), that airport run can be ugly - unless a later plane is hours and hours later, please reschedule.

There is alot of road construction going on in montreal. the traffic is always terrible in the morning.The departure tax is included in your

plane fare, there is no extra booth that you have to go to for payment.

That was stop a few years ago.

There is alot of road construction going on in Montreal. the traffic is always terrible in the morning.The departure tax is included in your

plane fare, there is no extra booth that you have to go to for payment.

That was stop a few years ago.

We actually just had a section of a viaduct collapse this pass weekend and it's going to take a while till that gets fixed so that clogs our traffic badly.

Archived