Tell us the best moment of your cruise

uktog

Sorry if this has been done before but I have been reading too many negative things lately so - lets share, what bit of the cruise do you (or did you ) like the most either on board or ashore

I will start

For me it is that moment I cross the threshold of the ship and someone hands me a drink. The drink is immaterial, it is that I am now in that bubble of customer care and the hassles of the journey from the UK and (when I have come on at San Francisco and no doubt next cruise LA will be the same) the awful melee of the port is behind me. Tensions melt and I am on holiday at last!

So what are your best moments?

May sound stupid, but when I am home, when I go to bed at night, no one has EVER turned down my bed, or placed a piece of chocolate, no matter how simple, a top my pillow each and every evening. When I see this in my cabin, I know I am THERE upon the open seas! :)

Sorry if this has been done before but I have been reading too many negative things lately so - lets share, what bit of the cruise do you (or did you ) like the most either on board or ashore

I will start

For me it is that moment I cross the threshold of the ship and someone hands me a drink. The drink is immaterial, it is that I am now in that bubble of customer care and the hassles of the journey from the UK and (when I have come on at San Francisco and no doubt next cruise LA will be the same) the awful melee of the port is behind me. Tensions melt and I am on holiday at last!

So what are your best moments?

We have never been before so will put in our bit when we come back, I am sure that the whole thing will be the best (if the dreams are anything to go by).:D

For me, it's the sailaway. I am on my balcony, glass of champagne in hand. Friends or family with me. The voyage is beginning, and I am ready for whatever it brings. This moment is full of hope and opportunity for a wonderful, relaxing vacation. So far, each cruise has met the promise of that moment.

Vanessa

There are so many special moments and it depends on who I am with; friend, family or just my wonderful husband, but I think I would have to say when we embarked in Dover last year for our transatlantic: Brand new ship, first cruise over 8 days, the end of a wonderful whirlwind vacation in Europe and the true natural beauty of Dover itself. The next best would have been when we took our granddaughters on their first cruise about 10 years ago. Just the look on their faces especially when we sat down to dinner. Some things really are priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NMNita

The best day of my life so far:

Sailing on the Celebrity Summit in an aft corner cabin with a ridiculously fabulous balcony, we were headed to Hubbard Glacier just one month ago. I walked out on the balcony to see that the fog was so thick you couldn't even see the water. As we sailed slowly forward, the fog very gradually started to fade, just like those dream sequences in movies? As the fog faded, the mountains came into view and the sun came out and then my husband joined me on the balcony just in time to get our first glimpse of the most incredible sight: Hubbard Glacier wrapped 75% of the way around the ship. The whole day was incredible and I hope to do it again soon. :)

Tammy

My most unforgettable moment usually comes on a formal night when I see my beautiful wife dressed in a lovely gown and looking every bit the princess I first saw more than twenty years ago. Because of the everyday work schedule these moments come only rarely and are to be treasured.

Seeing my DH's eyes light up as he stepped onto the balcony, when we first entered our cabin, on our Med cruise - it was just a regular sized balcony (in a CC cabin) but our previous two cruises together were in OV's. The balcony turned out to be one of the highlights of the cruise!

My most unforgettable moment usually comes on a formal night when I see my beautiful wife dressed in a lovely gown and looking every bit the princess I first saw more than twenty years ago. Because of the everyday work schedule these moments come only rarely and are to be treasured.

Awwwww...

You know I can't beleive I actually forgot the most memorable of all: Last Dec 17th when our granddaughter said "I do" and her new husband ( I guess you would say they were married at that moment) said softly with tears streaming down his face "Erica I love you" That was almost a year ago and now they are going to be parents even though they are both still in school.

Nita

Beauxdammit that is the sweetest thing ever.

My favorite time when cruising is getting up really early before everyone else ....sitting out having coffee and reading quietly while the sun is coming up- only hearing the seafoam against the bottom of the ship...so peaceful and serene..

And I love the elegant tea. I always feel like royalty!

Best Moment!!!! Hmmmmm.....everything!!!!!!!

From the moment I walk up the gangway and board the ship, I am happy! :D I like being treated like a queen!! I like to sit on deck and people watch, with the waves lapping on the side of the ship. Watching the ocean change from murky brown to brillant blue. Do I need to go on?:D

• 4 weeks later...
The best day of my life so far:

Sailing on the Celebrity Summit in an aft corner cabin with a ridiculously fabulous balcony, we were headed to Hubbard Glacier just one month ago. I walked out on the balcony to see that the fog was so thick you couldn't even see the water. As we sailed slowly forward, the fog very gradually started to fade, just like those dream sequences in movies? As the fog faded, the mountains came into view and the sun came out and then my husband joined me on the balcony just in time to get our first glimpse of the most incredible sight: Hubbard Glacier wrapped 75% of the way around the ship. The whole day was incredible and I hope to do it again soon. :)

Tammy

TAMMY I LOST MY PICTURES OF HUBBARD GLACIER...CAN YOU HELP? GO TO OUR THREAD!! THANKS DONNA

Hi Everyone !

My happiness, is seeing my Parents with HUGE smiles on their faces onboard the ship. They always are their happiest when on a Cruise. Their smiles are worth everything. When they are happy... I am happy. :)

OK you guys, please stop, I can't read this crap anymore :D

There are many, many moments but one of my favourites lasted for a few hours when we boarded Voyager in 2005. It was my girlfriend's first cruise, heck she had never even seen a cruise ship until then, and she was absolutely dumbfounded by the sheer size and beauty of what a cruise ship can be. I am not kidding, she could barely speak for hours, it was something to experience. Naturally, I didn't tell her I was stunned by the size of Voyager as I hadn't sailed since Sovereign 12 years previously...let's keep that our little secret OK :)

I have 2 memorable moments from our last cruise out of Amsterdam,

At sailaway we were watching for Ine on the canal bank waving at all of us.

We had met her for drinks the night before with other Cruise Critic members.

It was a magical moment - yelling Hello back and forth plus pictures.

2nd was at dinner with friends we had met again because of roll call - we looked out the window next to our table and the full moon was shinning down on the water, Wow! it was so beautiful.

fyi - Ine is the local Dutch advisor when you have questions about Amsterdam or Holland just ask on the No. Europe board and she always answers

Francine

Archived