A couple of questions.....

Hi everyone!

I have a couple of questions regarding an upcoming cruise. We are booked on RC Mariner of the Seas departing Dec. 10th. Traveling will be myself, hubby and 3 sons ( 11, 9 and 9).

Can anyone tell me what time we should be at port for boarding? The ship departs at 5 pm.

Any suggestions for transportation from an Orlando hotel to port? We are booked at the Embassy Suites near the airport the night before departing. Is it better to get a rental car or shuttle?

Lastly, Our flight home doesn't leave until evening. Any suggestions for occupying our time before heading to the airport?

Thanks for your help!

Reg

Consider going to the Kennedy Space Center. You would be able to spend a good amoung of time there. You could also go to the beach or to Ron Jon for some beachy shopping.

We have stayed at Cape Canaveral, but my daughter is flying into Orlando. They are renting a car.

You can board as early as 11ish. Early enough to have lunch on the ship. Be sure to carry on your swim suits.

If there is any way you can get an earlier flight home, do it! It's not much fun to be trying to "kill" time, with no place to call home! If you're ship gets back to port by 7 am, you should easily be able to make a noon flight!

davisrnr,

I would rent a car from Budget or something similiar. It would be far cheaper both ways. I am only saying this based on posts on here as I live in Orlando and we drive to the pier.

If you are able to get an earlier flight as CB suggested, that's what I would do because it's a pain to have to cart around luggage. If you can't do that, then I would still suggest renting a car, dropping the luggage at OIA and then going to Universal or shopping. There is short term parking so you could check in at the airport. Or, if you don't want to spend much money, go to Panera Bread and watch people at Lake Eola. It's beautiful there.

It's much cheaper renting a car/van than it is to do a shuttle. There are so many things to do in Central Florida. Enjoy your time here.

Hi everyone!

I have a couple of questions regarding an upcoming cruise. We are booked on RC Mariner of the Seas departing Dec. 10th. Traveling will be myself, hubby and 3 sons ( 11, 9 and 9).

Can anyone tell me what time we should be at port for boarding? The ship departs at 5 pm.

Any suggestions for transportation from an Orlando hotel to port? We are booked at the Embassy Suites near the airport the night before departing. Is it better to get a rental car or shuttle?

Lastly, Our flight home doesn't leave until evening. Any suggestions for occupying our time before heading to the airport?

Thanks for your help!

Reg

Reg, I think that the work and anxiety factors are significant here, with three kids of those ages.

I suggest using "my" private driver, Ed Korgan. He is a true gentleman. He has a giant Yukon XL, and can transport the 5 of you and your luggage in private comfort. He will pick you up exactly when and where you want.

EKorgan2@aol.com

Reg, I think that the work and anxiety factors are significant here, with three kids of those ages.

I suggest using "my" private driver, Ed Korgan. He is a true gentleman. He has a giant Yukon XL, and can transport the 5 of you and your luggage in private comfort. He will pick you up exactly when and where you want.

EKorgan2@aol.com

Carol, You have your private driver and your personal C&A rep, what next? I'm jealous. :D

hee hee hee

I found Ed on these boards.

When I priced various shuttle and limo services for MCO - Cocoa Beach and back to airport after cruise, I quickly realized that for just a REALLY SMALL amount more, I could have a private driver. With two older teens/young adults plus me, we do NOT travel light.

It turned out to be the best choice I ever made. That was the only time that an airline trashed our luggage, and Ed not only waited patiently while I dealt with Southwest, but then took us both booze shopping and luggage shopping before dropping us at our hotel. He was ready and waiting when we got off the ship, and took us directly to the airport, since that was our wish.

I love personal service! ;)

Carol,

Thanks for turning us on to Ed.

We live in the Orlando area, but there are 5 of us going on Mariner in Nov. We certainly can use 2 cars to get to the airport, but my sister and husband are flying back to Tx after the cruise. Seeing your post had me email Ed. Unfortunately, he couldn't accomodate us as he had others to take to/from the cruise and although getting there wasn't a problem, the return was. I will keep him in mind though. He was very prompt in answering my email.

I will keep him in mind for other trips, but if you have another suggestion, I am open. Thanks again.

Archived