Port of Miami to FLL

there were many taxis and vans when you get off the ship, 15-18pp, very easy

A taxi costs $75 plus tip from the Port of Miami to FLL. Not $15-$18. I'm sure with all that luggage it would be even more. They have plenty of shuttle's available at the Port.

Kewlguy, she said 15-18pp. PP means Per Person.

Also for the OP, you can prebook with many different shuttle or limo companies for about 70.00 total. Do a search as there was some recent banter here about this.

Ok, so if it costs $15-$18pp then why was I told by the taxi driver the price was $75 for the two of us?

because you didn't have 4 people. It only works with 4 people. I have had the same issue. Plan to use shuttle next cruise as they also have more room for luggage if you have 4 people.

Having taken the taxi several times to and from FFL, I can tell you it doesn't matter how many people there are. The fee is based on the meter and the rate will be between $72 and $76 dollars each way. Of course you can usually only get 3 - 4 people in a taxi with maybe 5 pieces of luggage max.

We were in need of the same transportation last weekend. After gathering our luggage from the ship, we went outside and a van was offerring people a ride back to Fort Lauderdale for $16pp. We were a party of 2, but there were 4 other people who needed the same ride. It will be very easy to just get off the ship and find a van....Have a great cruise!

Unless things have changed in Miami, taxi costs are based neither on the number of people nor on the meter. It is a flat rate per taxi no matter how many people are in it. They have regular taxis and "van" type taxis. It would seem to me like a very cost effective way to get 6 people from Miami to FLL.

I have been exploring transportation options, and can point you to the following web sites for additional information. I checked prices several months ago when I was researching transporation for our party of six. You would need to contact these company's again to confirm. Unfortunately, I haven't yet used the company I decided to go with, so I don't have any recommendations, but this should make your search quick and easy.

www.infinity-transportation.com. $95 for 10 passenger limo one way.

www.floridalimo.com/pages/van.html. $168.

www.corporatetransportation.net. $95 for an SUV, but would need two for 6 people.

www.fortlauderdale-airportshuttle.com. $21.60 per person. Shared van.

www.astarlimo.net No Information.

www.allpointslimo.com $167

www.fortlauderdaletaxivan.com $15 per person plus gratuity = +/- $108 total for 6 people (van) one way.

www.allianzatransportation.com $15 per person plus gratuity. (van)

Hope this helps. I settled on Allianza Transportation. Found a positive review somewhere here on cruise critic. We don't cruise until 11/4/06, so I'll find out if I made the right choice then.

Best of luck.

Archived