American families react to cruise Brawl in Bermuda

FIRELT5

I just wish the courts in mainland UK took the same no nonsense stance as Bermuda.

As another poster said there are too many 'Human Rights' lawyers getting too many criminals off the hook for no good reason. Its about time the law moved to protect the victims not the criminals. Good for the Bermudan judge.

Now I am going to get back down from my soap box.

I thought it interesting that the father claimed his poor son was suffering in prison because of his severe asthma. Should that not have kept him from entering what surely must have been an exhausting fight? Give me a break!

I also think there is double talk going on when these people say they would happily pay a $7500 fine but may lose their homes if they don't get home soon.

:o - My dad was in the Coast Guard in the 1950's and regularly stopped in Bermuda. Two of his friends got drunk and had a fight in the street. The police came by and started to arrest them but they said "no, we worked out our problems, neither of us wants to press charges...":rolleyes: The police told them "We're pressing charges on you..." So they went to jail and had to pay fines but were later released to the Coast Guard where they were punished again.

I'm glad there's a legal system somewhere that holds people accountable for their actions. If only they'd do that here...

if money was "that tight" and jobs were that "critical" and health (needs hip replacement?), why in the world were they on a cruise holiday? Maybe I mis-read the article. Sorry for innocents to suffer, but a crime is a crime - might be noteworthy to find out the why of the argument.

Archived