Self debarkation ?

sharod

When using self debarkation, do you still have to set your luggage outside your room the night before, or do you carry it all with you when you debark????

Thanks

You do not put it outside your cabin the night before. You have to carry it all down the stairs and off the ship yourself.

Do all RCL ships have this option?

We are on the Radiance in Jan and have a 11:00 am flight at FLL and want to make sure we get off asap.

Other then having to take care of your own luggage is there any other negatives to doing this?

Oh--and if you don't want to carry your own bags, go to the customer service desk about mid-way through your cruise, and tell them you have an early flight. (The will remind all passenger's of this) They will put you in one of the 1st groups to disembark.

Do all RCL ships have this option?

No, not all ships have this option. It isn't available in San Juan.

We are on the Radiance in Jan and have a 11:00 am flight at FLL and want to make sure we get off asap.

It is an option in Ft. Lauderdale so you can definitely use it. Or go talk to the Purser's desk early in the cruise and get tags for an early departure if you don't want to carry your own bags off.

You do not put it outside your cabin the night before. You have to carry it all down the stairs and off the ship yourself.

"...down the stairs..."???? Can't you take the luggage in the elevator to the gangway deck?

Silly question, but wouldn't this make you a target to customs to search your bags? Not that I have anything to hide, but I'm one of those people who are simpy uncomfortable with someone going through my personal things...:confused:

No negatives, except for having to haul all your stuff down stairs!

I left my bags outside the night before and got off early. A porter took us to the terminal (this was off the Vision) and we immediately found our color and our bags. the best of both worlds, although the line to disembark was unorganized.

I left my bags outside the night before and got off early. A porter took us to the terminal (this was off the Vision) and we immediately found our color and our bags. the best of both worlds, although the line to disembark was unorganized.[/quote

I wonder what debarkation would be like if we all did'nt follow the rules like you???? Nice Job

On some ships, if you want to do the self disembark option, you have to go when they call the self disembark option. They'll have a window of time where it's allowed. If you don't go during that window, then you have to wait until your color is called to disembark.

OP here, how long are the lines for self debarkation??? Are we talking hundreds of people or just a scattered few?

On Enchantment way back in September we were literally the first ones off the ship. Even got off before the Diamond members. I don't think many people realize they can carry the luggage off themselves.

On Enchantment way back in September we were literally the first ones off the ship. Even got off before the Diamond members. I don't think many people realize they can carry the luggage off themselves.

That's what I like to hear. We have a 11:45 flight and definitely will use self debarkation. Keeping our fingers crossed that nothing quirky happens coming into port that would hold us up!!

Okay, I'm confused.

people mention the stairs. are you not allowed to use the elevator to disembark?

also, we will be on vision of the seas our room starts with a 2 (so i guess we're 2nd deck) how far up or down is this from whatever level you embark/disembark from?

You can use the elevator. Most people are just too lazy to carry their own luggage off and look for any excuse not to do so.

Archived