tendering in pv

lougee1043

pv is a possible tender port -- we will be there the same day as carnival pride 8am arrival --us also an 8am arrival and dawn princess --- any idea whether or not we will have berth space or have to tender ---

also has anyone ever missed this port because it was to rough to tender

pv is a possible tender port -- we will be there the same day as carnival pride 8am arrival --us also an 8am arrival and dawn princess --- any idea whether or not we will have berth space or have to tender ---

also has anyone ever missed this port because it was to rough to tender

Lou, we were there last FEB on Oosterdam when Carnival Pride and "the World" were both in port. They both docked and we tendered. On yours, I'd imagine it'll be between your HAL ship and Dawn Princess as to who gets the second berthing spot. When are you going? PV is supposed to have their new pier with room for more ships completed by Christmas so this all could be a moot point.

We never have missed PV due to "rough weather" and/or "high swells" making it too risky to tender

Have a great cruise!

When are you going? PV is supposed to have their new pier with room for more ships completed by Christmas so this all could be a moot point.

we will be in pv on 1/10 --- my real concern is that we have booked a zip line independently and they want at least 48 hrs notice to cancel and refund-----------which is impossible to do-----------so i wanted to get an idea if we will actually make shore on that day

we will be in pv on 1/10 --- my real concern is that we have booked a zip line independently and they want at least 48 hrs notice to cancel and refund-----------which is impossible to do-----------so i wanted to get an idea if we will actually make shore on that day

I think you'll be fine! You'll be out of hurricane season and we were there in approx the same time period this year (about a month later) with very smooth seas. We're going to be there again for New Year's this year and are also doing the zip line - should be a good time!

I am a full-time resident of Puerto Vallarta and I am sorry to report that the new dock will not be even close to completion by December. I just looked at it today. There is still a huge amount of work to be done. June, 2007 would be a realistic estimate. So, look for some possible relief from tendering in fall, 2007, when the season heats up again.

which zip are you doing ----we are booked with http://www.puertovallartatours.net/rio-cuale-canopy-tour.htm

I have done the Los Veranos tour and it was excellent. The one you have linked sounds great too. I may have to consider it.

The only drawback is having to allow time for tender and then take a cab to their office.

I have done the Los Veranos tour and it was excellent. The one you have linked sounds great too. I may have to consider it.

The only drawback is having to allow time for tender and then take a cab to their office.

>>>>

tour people said to book the 11 and to be there by 10:30 --- ship is due in at 8 which is 9 pv time ---gives us 1hr 1/2 to get ashore and to the tour office which is about 15 min by cab

>>>>

tour people said to book the 11 and to be there by 10:30 --- ship is due in at 8 which is 9 pv time ---gives us 1hr 1/2 to get ashore and to the tour office which is about 15 min by cab

Thanks lougee,

I am seroiusly considering going with the excursion you mentioned....I am already familiar with the company so I am comfortable booking with them.

Didn't know they had more than one zipline location.

Archived