San Diego Terminal to airport transportation

muleevans

We are cruising on the Carnival Spirit in January. Does anyone know the quickest way to get to the airport after we return to San Diego after our cruise?? Is it easy to get a cab?? Should we arrange something before we leave?? Thanks for any help!!

We live here, so we probably didn't take a cab!!!

If there are 2 ships arriving at the same hour (or, shudder, more), you might want to use a reserved shuttle, like Xpress Shuttle, or Cloud9, but unless you are trying for an "earlier-than-the-cruise-line-advises" flight, or you have many people or lots of luggage, a cab should be fine.

Hope you have a chance to spend some time in San Diego before your cruise--it is a beautiful place!

Thanks for visiting.

There will be plenty of cabs waiting at the pier but some are flakes, I recommend calling Yellow Cab and arranging a pick-up, You can even Pre-pay by Credit card over the phone...

http://www.driveu.com/index.asp

Here is a picture of the Waterfront & The Midway that I took last week

http://members.cox.net/wanderer34/12

Check on cruisecal.com about the number of ships in port on that day. When we left for Hawaii last October on Infinity, it was the first time San Diego had ever had 4 major ships in port (disembarking and embarking) at the same time. The chaos was quite unbelievable.

Back OT - it is really very close from the pier to the airport.

Have a great cruise!

gratefulguy, thanks for the info on cloud9. I have arranged for them to pick us up. Now I am wondering if there is any tour offered by OOsterdam for San Diego after we return from the cruise that will take us to the airport. We have a late plane and would like to see something!

Instead of taking a ship's tour, I would recommend taking the Old Town Trolley. It stops at the cruise ship terminal, and you can go round trip in about 2 hours, or get on/off at any of the stops if you have enough time. You could also cab back to the airport from any of their stops.

Probably the biggest issue would be your luggage. I would recommend going to the airport to check your bags, then cabbing from there to one of the Old Town Trolley tour stops (either the port or in Old Town) to catch the Trolley, then do the reverse when going to the airport. Book your ticket on-line as that gives you a discount.

There are no checked luggage facilites at the pier.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Almost all of the flights coming back to ohio are at 9:30. We are going to be debarking on a Sunday on Celeb Infinity April 8. Is it cutting it too close?

We have suite and can get off immediately but "when" is question one and then the lines at security are question two.

Anyone have any experience recently?

I don't think 9:30 is realistic. Even if you can get off first, that is likely to be no earlier than 8:30, and lines for security at San Diego's airport can be long at times. I would suggest considering staying over in San Diego a day or two and doing the tourist thing there, then take a flight home.

• 5 years later...
Anyone know what the taxi fee is from san diego airport to the pier?

By my calculation it's a 2-1/2 mile trip.

The taxi rates posted on 8/5/12 are $2.20 first 1/10 mile, $2.30 each additional mile

That translates to about $10.00

That compares favorably with what I experienced two years ago.

Remember that cabs charge by trip, while shuttles charge per person! (And they wait until they're full)

When you get off the ship the hawkers will try to sear you to the shuttles (To your right) the cabs are to your left.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived