Just heard on CNN Hawai'i had an earthquake - how will it affect cruises?

Kay240

Hi All! was curious if any one else out there was scheduled on the pride of Aloha out of Honolulu on sun 10/15,and encountered disappointing directives from the cruise line and the airlines? Were back home and unable to reschedule a fight until Friday...which makes no sense because we would arrive back in honolulu on Sunday! Was advised by the cruise line to fax a letter to their customer relations department, but no guaratees on any compensation:confused: any one w/further info?

Hi All! was curious if any one else out there was scheduled on the pride of Aloha out of Honolulu on sun 10/15,and encountered disappointing directives from the cruise line and the airlines? Were back home and unable to reschedule a fight until Friday...which makes no sense because we would arrive back in honolulu on Sunday! Was advised by the cruise line to fax a letter to their customer relations department, but no guaratees on any compensation:confused: any one w/further info?

My sister was supposed to board the POA on 10/15 and after being stranded in Chicago, was able to fly to San Francisco 10/16 and then luckily flew standby from SF to Honolulu and got to the ship Monday when it was rescheduled to sail. She called to tell me when the 100+ passengers stranded in Chicago called NCL customer service some were told the cruise was cancelled due to the possible tsumani, some were told the ship had already left Honolulu 10/15 on schedule and everything was fine, some customer service employees had no idea there had even been an earthquake--NCL customer service was definitely not having it's best day. It's ashamed that many people flew back home because of incorrect information from the cruiseline. I hope things work out for you at some point. I know there are many in your situation.

FrannyK

Costa Riviera 1985

NCL Seaward 1987

CCL Fantasy 1/2000

CCL Sensation 2/2001

CCL Imagination 1/2002

RCI Explorer 6/2002

RCI Monarch 4/2003

CCL Sensation 2/2004

CCL Imagination 2/2006

CCL Liberty Thanksgiving/2006

Just returned last night from POH. We were in Kauai during the earthquake & felt it shake. Just to let anyone know who's scheduled to leave soon, we got off the boat on time, Hololulu is back to normal & the next cruise was scheduled to leave on time on Monday (I'm sure it did). Airport is back to normal, no fatalities or even many injuries. The Hawaiians just took it in stride. Better than 2 feet of snow in Buffalo.:)

Archived